Upload to Phereo

Site related topics

Moderator: alex

Upload to Phereo

Postby Karpe » Mon May 01, 2023 1:36 pm

Good day,

is it still possible to upload photos to Phereo? It doesn't work for me. Or is it over thanks to the canceled Flash? Where else to upload 3D photos?

Děkuji, Karpe
Karpe

Re: Upload to Phereo

Postby bo3b » Thu May 04, 2023 1:19 am

Greetings Karpe,

No ability to upload at present. The old uploader was based on Flash, which is long gone. We would need to create some new mechanism.

However, not impossible, and I'm working with JackDesBwa to keep the site running. He has worked out part of the process, and has an endpoint that can successfully upload new images. But no browser/front-end/UI for this.

Current jobs are to get the site stable and up to date with modern web requirements. I've taken over the job here, and made a lot of progress.

You can for example see that all pages are now securely served by https, so we have no more warnings. I'm currently trying to get the expenses down to something manageable, while bringing the code forward to newer servers. The code has not been touched since 2014... so this is hard.

Still early, but at some point we'll need to decide what we'd like to see with phereo going forward. I'm not opposed to reopening uploads, but I can't do all these jobs by myself, so it will depend upon other people stepping up to help.

Please keep in touch, and let us know your preferences. People contacting us can help inform decisions on where we take the site. I can be reached here or by email at <phereo@bo3b.net>

-bo3b johnson
bo3b

Return to Phereo Site