.jpg filtering

Easily manage, edit and butch upload your stereo photos

Moderator: alex

.jpg filtering

Postby takeru » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:45 pm

By a Fujililm FinePix Real 3D camera, by 1 shot, in default, both a .jpg file and .mpo file is created.
Browsing a folder by Phereophoto Viewer, likely it tries to display both .jpg and .mpo file, and all the attempts for the former shall result unconfortable rendering.

It shall be beneficial to provide an option to filter out .jpg images.

Kiitos,
takeru

Re: .jpg filtering

Postby Vapymid » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:09 am

In any case, I would recommend turning this setting OFF in your Fuji camera. This is a waste of memory on the card as it just duplicates one of the images from the MPO.

Regards
Vapymid

Postby takeru » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:48 pm

Dear Vapymid,

Actually, I used to think so, and arranged so.

However, I love geotagging, and working by Phereoshop, since some time (around September 2012), Phereoshop stopped working with tagged MPO files unfortunately...it was rather a big problem for me.

There is another problem by Windows Explorer for renamed .mpo - once it worked with Exif tag info, the hidden stereo image data are to be cut off immediately.

On the other hand, now the price of the storage become so extremely cheap, and wireless network speed become so good as I can ignore such strage overhead.

Therefore, I started enabling recording doubly once again.

Does not it make sense for you?
takeru

Postby Vapymid » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:53 pm

Yes, it does make sense if you need that specific functionality.

However, you may also want to try an alternative image browser (in my opinion Windows Explorer is the worst of the kind), such as XnView or IrfanView. Xn can definitely see EXIF in Fuji MPO files. I have a fairly old version of it installed and it works just fine - does not show them in stereo but shows one of the 2 JPGs from the MPO.

Regards
Vapymid

Postby takeru » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:48 pm

Vapymid,

They can read the Exif of .MPO, but my problem is Phereoshop stop working by .mpo files, once additional Exif information is added.

Thanks.
takeru

Return to PhereoShop (PC app)