What do you use to see 3D?

Stereo pictures general talk

Moderator: alex

Re: What do you use to see 3D?

Postby linuxluver » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:03 am

If you want to swap L/R on the phone then try "3DSteroid Pro". It does many of the same things StereoPhoto Maker does and you don't need a PC to run Windows.

I have been using 3DSteroid Pro for the past week to swap L/R (and save 'cross-eye' stereo jpegs for upload to G+ and FB) and also to auto-align my images. It seems to do a very good job. For input, it handles JPS and MPO and some other formats.
linuxluver

Postby kq4ym » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:03 pm

I use parallel viewing as it's easiest on eyes and gets the best 3D effect and colors. I have anaglyph (red/cyan) glasses but they take away some of the effect and the colors.

To view larger photos in parallel, use your computer screen zoom control, hit and hold "ctrl" while pushing the "minus sign" key to make the screen photo no larger than the width of your hand. Play with the 3D example photo below.

(ctrl -) to make photo smaller and (ctrl +) to make the screen photo size bigger

Click below to see 3D image:
kq4ym

Postby linuxluver » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:34 am

I think "3DSteroidPro" is the Android version of StereoPhoto Maker. They mention it on their web site.
linuxluver

Postby hoppenbrouwers » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:26 pm

I am an anaglyph addict
hoppenbrouwers

Postby Deggi » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:28 pm

Crosseye for the win :)

I'm playing 3D games in crosseye without any strain, on a 32" display in fullscreen (I mean it, check my uploads)
I also have shutter method and anaglyphs (red-cyan, green-magenta), but nothing compares to freeview quality.

Parallel view is extremely limited by size, crossview has no such limit with existent display sizes.

http://phereo.com/Deggi/image/4f4bbf2a378501704d000003/ - gaming in 2x8:9 aspect ratio - crosseyed
Deggi

Postby RichyT » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:56 am

Alas, currently only the viewer of my W3 camera. Though it did allow me to view MPOs that I had created from individual shots from another camera so I am relatively pleased with it. I'm looking for another solution but they tend to be overpriced for the utility.
RichyT

Postby RigelForum » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:54 pm

I browse the 3D pics just by crossing my eyes in the "crossed" mode. It's so easy for me...
RigelForum

Postby turbguy » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:16 am

Crosseye freeviewing works fine for me. Parallel freeviewing can work if the images centers are not too far apart.

Just about all other methods degrade the image in some way...
turbguy

Postby drjez » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:35 pm

Have tried and failed dismally to free view parallel or cross eye. But for checking on monitor I use a pixi 3D viewer from Loreo (www.loreo.com) which works really well and is cheep so a good way to share parallel pairs with other people. I also have a 3D capable projector and can view MPOs through my blu-ray which works really well but at that size can show up any imperfections in the image
drjez

Postby 3DMOVIEMAN » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:41 pm

I am using a Vizio passive 3DTV as a monitor, unfortunately line interlaced mode is no more :(
3DMOVIEMAN

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion