Embedding pics to my blog

Site related topics

Moderator: alex

Embedding pics to my blog

Postby alex » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:09 pm

Hi, guys. First of all, thanks for the great web service! It is really nice to see someone trying to create the best place for 3D pictures. I've tried today creating a blogpost with multiple images from my gallery on Phereo. Here are some thoughts on the process:

--Currently the size of the embedded pics is defaulted to 500x300. This is a little bit too small for me. 600x400 works the best for my site. So I basically had to input this size manually every time for every picture. Would be great if Phereo would memorize my last inputted size for embedding, or let me specify it in settings.
--There is a little bit of mess with cross view JPS. All my JPS files are in crossview format, and when I import them to Phereoshop I specify this. Still after I upload them to Phereo (from Phereoshop), it seems that I have to click "swap" button so that they would be displayed properly. Fortunately enough, when embedding pics you have a parameter for the swapping.
--At first I tried that Wordpress plugin by Nductiv. It was working great, but it doesn't support swap parameter. So I ended up with all my pics displayed incorrectly in the blog. Using plugin really helps when embedding tens of pics, but at the moment I can't use it since there is no way to swap left and right pics.

Also when clicking "previous" and "next" links on the pics, it goes to some random pics and not to the actual previous and next pic as they displayed in the gallery.

Hey, and if somebody wants to check the result, here it is: http://www.stereofinland.com/alhambra-3d-part-2/
alex

Re: Embedding pics to my blog

Postby Vapymid » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:32 pm

I recommend uploading files in .MPO format. It seems the most reliable. Also, it lets you configure alignment for anaglyph viewing (or so I think - I haven't tested it recently...). The .MPOs should be saved as parallel, then they will be treated correctly by Phereo.

Regards
Vapymid

Postby bulkinav » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:28 am

alex wrote:--Currently the size of the embedded pics is defaulted to 500x300. This is a little bit too small for me. 600x400 works the best for my site. So I basically had to input this size manually every time for every picture. Would be great if Phereo would memorize my last inputted size for embedding, or let me specify it in settings
In the next player update on the Phereo site for embed code area will appear "Keep proportions" check-box, which will automatically change the image aspect ratio when changing the height or width.

alex wrote:At first I tried that Wordpress plugin by Nductiv. It was working great, but it doesn't support swap parameter. So I ended up with all my pics displayed incorrectly in the blog. Using plugin really helps when embedding tens of pics, but at the moment I can't use it since there is no way to swap left and right pics.
Thank you for your valuable suggestion. We think that to next updated plugin for Wordpress this function will be included. Unfortunately, at present we can not say exactly when a new plugin version will be released.

alex wrote:There is a little bit of mess with cross view JPS. All my JPS files are in crossview format, and when I import them to Phereoshop I specify this. Still after I upload them to Phereo (from Phereoshop), it seems that I have to click "swap" button so that they would be displayed properly. Fortunately enough, when embedding pics you have a parameter for the swapping.
Yes, the problem really is. It will be fixed in the next Phereoshop release.
Phereo Support
bulkinav

Postby alex » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:58 pm

Thanks, keep up the good work!
alex

Postby alex » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:21 pm

Here is another post with tons of 3D Vision pics embedded directly from Phereo. Enjoy!
http://www.stereofinland.com/skyrim-in-3d-vision/
alex

Postby alex » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:59 pm

Looks like embedding lots of phereos in 3D Vision affects the performance of the browser. I almost can't scroll the page from the link above. Takes ages to scroll down.
alex

Postby bulkinav » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:34 am

Alex, 3D Vision mode uses a certain amount of system resources. These resources have increases many times, if a web page contains many images.

You can set, for example, anaglyph mode as default for the player. User must manually choose 3D Vision mode in the player, but user won’t have such serious problems with performance.
Phereo Support
bulkinav

Postby alex » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:31 pm

Yes, that's probably true. Have to limit also the amount of pics embedded on the single page.
alex

Return to Phereo Site