Phereoshop 1.9 is released

Easily manage, edit and butch upload your stereo photos

Moderator: alex

Phereoshop 1.9 is released

Postby bulkinav » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:26 am

Phereoshop 1.9 is available for download!

New features:
- Brand new stereo pictures input/output core
- Support for Over/Under, Over/Under squeezed, Tri-Delta TT, Tri-Delta BB, Horizontal Interlaced, Side-by-Side squeezed stereo formats
- Rich resize functionality in pictures export
- Output file preview in pictures export
- Add RGB JPEG support for artifacts free JPEG in pictures export
- Stereo auto alignment during import
- Now it is possible to set picture's orientation during import
- Source picture stereo format can be changed anytime in RMB menu

Improvements:
- Overall importing usability
- Overall exporting usability
- Left-right swap available in RMB menu
- Auto align now uses cropped area for alignment, instead of original full sized photo web albums alphabetical sorting in upload screen
- Full Screen Viewer now supports PNG
- Windows 8 support
- Minor UI changes

Changes / Fixes:
- Thumbnails creator optimization, memory usage reduced
- Progress bar during images upload preparation
- Progress bar during database updating/conversion
- Swap tool removed from editor
- Swap Left/Right tool removed from "Apply presets" screen, use RMB menu instead "Description" field removed during new web album creation
- Public/private selection removed in pictures upload
- Now it is possible to upload the same picture as many times as you wish
- Memory usage optimization
- Fixed an issue when Full Screen Viewer process did not quit during the erroneous application closure
- Other minor bugs fixed

You can download Phereoshop 1.9 here: http://phereoshop.com/
Last edited by bulkinav on Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Phereo Support
bulkinav

Re: PhereoShop 1.9 released

Postby takeru » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:18 pm

I am very delighted with having many improvements long waited for me!

Especially, the sorting of the online albums at the image uploading UI, and the filename handling improvement are so great to eliminate so much wasting time I had, and improve my workflow.

However, although there may be certain reasons, but for me, it was disappointing to see the visibility control was removed back from the image uploading interface...

If you will shortly implement the album-level access control, which I have wished to have for so long, it would be not so problematic, but still good to keep.

Kiitos,

takeru
takeru

Postby bulkinav » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:20 pm

takeru wrote:However, although there may be certain reasons, but for me, it was disappointing to see the visibility control was removed back from the image uploading interface...

Hello!

This option has been removed from Phereoshop because it will be removed on the Phereo site too at an early date. We plan to introduce privacy for albums but not for each image.
Phereo Support
bulkinav

Postby takeru » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:52 pm

I understand.
As mentioned, I think it would be more convenient for most of the situation, and I am supportive for the approach.

...Although I am a little bit concerned how the existing albums to be dealt, but I believe that you have found a good process of the migration.

Kiitos,

takeru
takeru

about multiple image instances: PhereoShop 1.9 released

Postby takeru » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:44 pm

Firstly I really appreciate your faithness, as I heard that the implemented change by this release about multiple uploading handling was based on my request.

However, there was a little bit difference between my expectation, so that here I would like to clarify.

previous implementation :

Importing an image into Phereoshop.

From the safety perspective, I upload the image to phereo.com in the earliest timing.
Once I can manage some time, I name the image, tag, and uploading the image into the same album.
No actual upload of the image was to be performed, but just update the image information on the web.
It was really fine for me.

On the other hand, there was a problematic scenario.
I uploaded an image to an online album.
Again, performing another upload of the same image to another album.
Then, the image was removed from the original online album, and it was confusing for me.

new implementation by 1.9 :

Importing an image into Phereoshop. Upload the image in the earliest timing.
Once I manage some time, name, tag, or retouch the image, then upload it to the same album.

Then, now the image gets doubled, and the order of the images in the album gets altered.
I delete the old files, then the existing links for the images get broken.
This is not the situation I really wanted to have.

I have never tried before, but I am afraid that it was the situation even by the previous implementation, for retouching.

However, I want the system to be aware of the image identity, if it is in the same album, for image information maintenance and retouching.

Kiitos,

takeru
takeru

Return to PhereoShop (PC app)