album level export/import

Easily manage, edit and butch upload your stereo photos

Moderator: alex

album level export/import

Postby takeru » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:56 am

(reposting a request made by mail previously)

It is good to get capable to import/export whole the DB, but it is so highly appreciated to have import/export capability also in the album level.

Let's assume that you have a trip, with your stereo camera and a mobile PC, and take shots stereo pictures remote from your home.

You want to share images with people, and protect them backed up on the cloud as soon as possible.
You work with Phereoshop installed on your mobile PC, adjust images, give meta data, and upload them to the Phereo site.

Coming back to your home, the master DB of Phereoshop by your main PC at home does not have those new images.
Importing them from the camera, all the works you have made need to be reworked.

The storage capacity of your mobile PC is rather limited and its processing/graphic capacity is less powerful,
it is not realistic to have the DB by your mobile PC as the master data.

Kiitos,
takeru

Re: album level export/import

Postby takeru » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:02 pm

Here once again I would like to request a solution for mobile situation with keeping consistency of the master albums.

Now many vendor provide 8"-sized tablets and ability for working with Phereoshop has become so instant after a shot than ever.

However, the DB size of Phereoshop remains disappointingly inflexible, I need to say.

In mobile situations, actually needed data should be very limited, just the DB file, thumnails, and images for a few albums.

I happened to have an idea that Bitcasa Infinite Drive would help the situation with such limited scope of the data requirement. However, my attempt resulted in vain - it worked just after the DB relocation, but once close Phereoshop, never worked again as being recognized as a "corrupted DB".

I belive that the album level export/import should not be a big deal to implement, and provide benefits for many situation. Please think of it once again.

Kiitos,
takeru

Return to PhereoShop (PC app)