Support OTG/USB connections and Fuji W3 Camera

Android App related topics

Moderator: alex

Support OTG/USB connections and Fuji W3 Camera

Postby momendo » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:23 pm

I hooked up my Fuji FinePix REAL 3D W3 to my Galaxy Nexus -- which has ICS 4.0.2. I used a USB OTG cable and the camera's USB cable. The camera goes into USB mode when connected. I was able to download JPG images from the camera just fine into the gallery. I was wondering if you can add a feature to import and export MPO/AVI files to and from the W3 camera directly into Phereo 3D. It seems the ICS gallery app always loads once connected so that may be an issue. There are other ICS devices like the ASUS Transformer Prime which has a USB port so I think reading from 3D cameras would be a great feature.
momendo

Re: Support OTG/USB connections and Fuji W3 Camera

Postby linuxluver » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:32 am

"3DSteroid Pro" supports *.MPO images files (among others) as 3D input on my Android phone and tablet. If you want to do it all on your phone, you may want to consider grabbing the MPO files, converting it to some other form (*.JPS?) and then letting Phereo 3D do its thing.

I have a Fuji Real 3D W3 cameras well, but for that I use a desktop PC and "StereoPhoto Maker" on Windows. (It also runs in WINE on Linux.)

Aside: The Fuji Real 3D W3 can sometimes have alignment issues with the lenses of the two cameras....especially after you have dropped it once, twice or more (you won't intend to, but you WILL drop it)....and the built-in compensating method sometimes isn't enough to correct it. Fixing the alignment with an external app can become necessary.
linuxluver

Postby roysmyth29 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:15 pm

Hi All,

This request seems to come in at all angles but the Phereo folk seem to not respond, in a polite way of course.

There's no doubt this app could be a lifesaver but essential elements are still missing.

I too use the Fuji W cameras and yes you don't even need to drop them (although the w3 is especially slippery ...)
to damage the alignment so I still always auto-align and then manually align with a Zalman monitor.

On my tablet I have 3DSteroidPro which has an auto-align function. In the event you want to remain using your
tablet and not keep swapping back to a PC (otherwise what's the point??) that's an option.

Interestingly people still refer to android O/S by the names i.e. ICS and Jellybean (+ Kitkat), I would prefer just to say Android
and if necessary refer the version, similar to Windows 7, 8, etc (apologies for saying the 'W' word though).

I know there are still good sized phones still out there, but I'd guess the app will migrate mainly to the tablet market.

I think there's a good cause to have a definitive forum section which says what people really want and how it can be
rolled-up into one perfect Phereo ball !!

Salutations, Roy
roysmyth29

Postby nickmur » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:50 pm

Hello,

Yes, autoalign and direct upload are indeed important for the future of our apps and stereo 3D overall.
It is important for us to implement all of the features required by the community.

We will make sure to attend to that matter as soon as possible. Your feedback is a viable part of improvement and development of Phereo so please let us know more about your ideas.

Never the less, we do have a development schedule and routine. We are currently focused on apps localization and increasing device range for native 3d support, so we can't act on it right away. It might take some time, but we'll make it work.
Kind regards,
Nick Murashov

Phereo team.
nickmur

Return to Phereo 3D Photo (Android app)