Phereo Android 3.0

Android App related topics

Moderator: alex

Phereo Android 3.0

Postby takeru » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:34 am

This morning, long awaited Phereo Android 3.0 has come pushed to my device.

I am very delighted with not seeing application crashes by opening my images,
and also seeing likely all of my images are available, not only the oldest 100 albums.

On the other hand, I was a little bit disappointed with not seeing some functionalities which I need.

1. slideshow:
Once it is implemented, I will arrange some of HTC Evo or GADMEI's tablets for that, I am sure.
The scope should be for an album, selective albums, all of own albums, and also including images by followees.

2. album sorting
It was disappointing to see no album sorting function is provided, and additionally totally disordered again here.
There is a search function, but it does not work to locate albums.
At least, I would like to the default album list sorted in a certain manner, probably date descending, as images.

3. personal home preference
I personally want to start working with my album list.
On the other hand, the application looks having the "Features" view as the home.
It would be worthy to have a user preference where the application to start.

4. There seems to be another problem on the "back" action which make the situation worth.
e.g. invoke a search from the album list, then invoke "back" button, then somehow brought back to "Features".

5. credential migration
Once the application was upgraded to 3.0, the authentication information was cleared and I needed to provide once again. It would be good for the security, but not really convenient for the mobile usage, I am afraid.

Kiitos,
takeru

Re: Phereo Android 3.0

Postby linuxluver » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:02 pm

It's a very nice app.

I now have it on all my Android devices, whether they can display 3D or not.
linuxluver

Postby bulkinav » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:57 am

linuxluver wrote:It's a very nice app.
I now have it on all my Android devices, whether they can display 3D or not.

Thank you for the kind words!

As you may have noticed, we have released a new version 3.1. Detailed description of the changes you can read on your Tumbr channel: http://phereo3d.tumblr.com/post/6176114 ... app-update
Phereo Support
bulkinav

Postby PhilESieve » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:20 am

It seems I have 3.1.3 on my LG Thrill 4G. I don't know if it's related to the pro program, but, every time I click on a picture from my gallery, I get a message saying, "The application Phereo 3d photo (process com.phereo) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again". I tried clearing the app's cache, data and itself from the phone, as well as deleting the cache and data from the browser and anything else that could seem connected, based on my limited knowledge of computer speak. I deleted the phone memory, cache, and what not, as well, short of restoring defaults and I also shut the phone down and I removed the battery. I can't even seem to upload a pic as an mpo file through the app and through the website, which oddly didn't take it in. I downloaded the catlog, as you have requested of others, but it makes no sense to me. It just gave me a list of computer terms, though people on the playbook app said it debugs, a function for which I can't find a clear prompt. I tried a word search and nothing with "phereo" came up. I don't see how you send relevant info. from it. Is this all my phone, you think? All other apps work well enough. Might it not accept an update I got and/or can I return to the version before the last update? Thanks!
PhilESieve

Postby bulkinav » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:17 am

PhilESieve wrote:I downloaded the catlog, as you have requested of others, but it makes no sense to me. It just gave me a list of computer terms, though people on the playbook app said it debugs, a function for which I can't find a clear prompt. I tried a word search and nothing with "phereo" came up!

Hello!

Yes, we need a system logs in order to understand the cause of the problem. Unfortunately, no other way - an error "The application %name% (process %name%) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" does not allow the user to send system info to the developer (ie to us), because there is no button "Report", I right?

Run the LogCat immediately when you see the error "The application Phereo 3d photo...", then click "Menu" hardware button and click by "Send" item. So, now you can send us a report :)

By the way, in what place there is a failure? When you try to open ANY images or something else? Please describe in more details.
Phereo Support
bulkinav

Postby PhilESieve » Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:36 pm

Thanks for responding! When I click gallery, click on the 3d photo and, then, click on 3D photo, I get the message. Can I go back to a previous version of Phereo, if that might be the problem? Is this 3.1-something version too advanced for an android phone running 2.2.2? I will have to try the repair later--maybe after work. Now, the website, itself, doesn't come up. I tried to upload a photo as an mpo, but it said user not found on the app version, which it sent me to, even though I was still logged in to the app and the website. Has noone else experienced this?

I did send a report on a few occasions, when it did this, but didn't know if it was going to phere or google. I think it said it was sending system info. with the report.
PhilESieve

Postby bulkinav » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:09 pm

PhilESieve wrote:I did send a report on a few occasions, when it did this, but didn't know if it was going to phere or google. I think it said it was sending system info. with the report.

Yes, we received the report. Thank!
The problem will be fixed in the next app version.

The old version -
phereo-app-release-3-1-2.zip
(647.17 KiB) Downloaded 2770 times
Phereo Support
bulkinav

Postby PhilESieve » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:49 am

To what e-mail address to I send a catlog report to? Do you need it, now, or did the phone send enough info. to you, because I can wait. Thanks, though, for the earlier version! You guys are great!
PhilESieve

Postby bulkinav » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:04 am

PhilESieve, the problem occurs only on Android 2.x :( But as I wrote above, we'll fix it in the version 3.1.4.

And yet - why do not you upgrade to the official version of Android 4.0.2 for your LG Trill? Android 2.x is very old and no longer supported by Google.
Phereo Support
bulkinav

Postby 2old4toys » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:20 am

reading the number of regretful people want to downgrade their EVO 3D and LG Thrill 3D from 4 back to android 2.3 ... I suggest you stay at the old OS version if you are happy with it already.
My EVO 3D has less smooth playback of hi def videos on 4 vs 2 and LG 3D phone has less functional 3D software conversion app after upgrading to android 4.

Your milage may vary.
2old4toys

Next

Return to Phereo 3D Photo (Android app)