Unable to upload images

Site related topics

Moderator: alex

Unable to upload images

Postby chagen666 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:52 am

Firstly I must say that I am a bit frustrated by the lack of documentation/tutorials on how to use Phereoshop. Being new to this it's all very confusing.

Eventually I was able to create some sort of an image and wanted to upload it to see how it came out. Phereoshop could not find a connection to the server and when I tried uploading from this website I was presented with an I/O Error.

I have no idea which way to turn so I turned to the forum :)
chagen666

Re: Unable to upload images

Postby bulkinav » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:20 am

Hello!

There are two reasons for which the "IO Error" appears when uploading images to the site using web interface:

1) the reason on your side: while the file uploading, Internet connection was interrupted for some reason, so the file could not load to the site;
2) the reason on our side: while the file uploading, connection to our server for some reason interrupted, so the file could not load to the site.

In any case, keep in mind that the error "IO Error" reported that there were problems with the connection.

About the Phereoshop: likely your firewall is blocking network connections of Phereoshop. You need create a rule for Phereoshop (Control Panel -> System and Security -> Windows Firewall -> Advanced settings).

You have helped us a lot if you would tell what places are too complicated for your work with the application?
Phereo Support
bulkinav

Postby chagen666 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:01 am

I am attemting to upload from the site and this time I tried to upload left and right images so I know the file itself is not currupt. However as soon as the upload progress bar appears the IO error is displayed. The upload is not interrupted as you say, it doesn't even start. I am not sure why I would have this problem is nobody else has reported it earlier. Other than this site I have no problems neither uploading or downloading from this computer.

Thanks for your help.

Edit:
I was able to upload using the program, so for now please disreguard this :)
chagen666

Postby bulkinav » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:09 pm

I am not sure why I would have this problem is nobody else has reported it earlier.

Because this is a local issue and it doesn't depend with the Phereo site.
Images uploader on our site is written using Flash. Try updating your Flash Player.
Also, try to upload an image using a different browser.
Phereo Support
bulkinav

Return to Phereo Site