Unable to embed an image

Site related topics

Moderator: alex

Unable to embed an image

Postby newdok » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:39 am

Hello, I've been trying to embed an image i recently uploaded with visibility option "Limited, anyone with the link", but when I tried to embed it on my page at " http://galactosegame.com/stereo_image_test.html " i get an error to the effect of "Image is private ". I tried making it "public" but then I got a restricted content error (I'm guessing it was still in a moderation queue), so I ended up changed it back to 'anyone with the link'.

Anyways, I was wondering if I am misunderstanding how "anyone with the link" setting is supposed to work? (Youtube allows you to embed videos on a page with such a setting, and embedding the image already requires knowing the link so...)

Also, on a bit of a tangent, I looked around briefly, but I couldn't find any forum threads that mentioned anything like forum rules (I'm hoping I'm not breaking a rule by linking that test page above), but it might be handy to make/sticky such a topic as well.
newdok

Re: Unable to embed an image

Postby bulkinav » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:38 am

Hello!

Embed image is displayed only if selected privacy option "Public, on the web" and it has been approved by the moderator. In all other cases, the embed image will not be displayed.

Your image ("galactose stereo 3d image test") has been approved and now if you change privacy option to "Public, on the web", embed image will be displayed on your site.

Anyways, I was wondering if I am misunderstanding how "anyone with the link" setting is supposed to work?

Privacy option "Limited, anyone with the link" means that your image will be available to others users only by a direct link (not to be confused with the embed image!).

For example, direct link for your images: http://phereo.com/newdok/image/4fe3cc0b ... 00b000014/
Phereo Support
bulkinav

Return to Phereo Site