Image moderation lag is killing Phereo for me

Site related topics

Moderator: alex

Image moderation lag is killing Phereo for me

Postby linuxluver » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:27 pm

I have to confess I'm not uploading many photos anymore. The lag between upload and images being visible makes this site much less interesting.

I have been, instead, uploading anaglyph and stereo-crossed images to Instagram and / or StreamZoo and they are immediately visible. Plus this is exposing mainstream 2D image 'consumers' to 3D content. The response has been very positive.

In the past, I've suggested a 'Trusted' user status that might be given to paying users. Their images appear immediately and they promise to not post adult objectionable content (or they have the option to flag it themselves - performing their own moderation). If they violate this (perhaps '3 strikes" in 6 months - assuming self-moderation - as people sometimes make mistakes....) they go back to being moderated like everyone else.

This would reduce your work load and give people another incentive to become paying users.

This would certainly make the site much more 'alive' for me.
linuxluver

Re: Image moderation lag is killing Phereo for me

Postby bulkinav » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:27 pm

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Please understand our situation: we can't allow a situation where users can post adult images (or any bad) on the site. At this moment the audience of our website is not as big as for example in Flicker. In order not to lose the core audience, we should try to show only safe content. To do this we introduced pre-moderation for new uploaded images. In the future we will use the post-moderation.

We also think about how else can solve this situation.
Phereo Support
bulkinav

Postby linuxluver » Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:18 pm

Thanks for the reply. :-)

Steve
linuxluver

Postby LudvikXIV » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:00 am

Hi, I also stopped uploading after removing favorites folder in phereo. The user selected best pictures gallery is not longer available. As winner of contests on 3dvisionlive I would prefere to post to site where people comments each other more. Contests are good and motivating for better work and is possible to learn a lot from the best ones.
Just think about this how you motivate high quality content uploads.

Best Regards
LudvikXIV
LudvikXIV

Postby Vapymid » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:19 am

But their script does not show side-by-side pictures - which for me means it's totally useless.

Also, they say their site is "powered by Phereo" - I wonder if Phereo knows about it ;-)

Regards
Vapymid

Postby LudvikXIV » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:53 am

I started upload again, because a lot of people in my area have Samsung 3d smart tvs and they are capable to see my photos using Phereo technology. You guys are doing right thing, are you working also on other vendors enablement as well?

Please could you clarify your process for new uploads, I am little bit confused not having my latest 3 pictures not visible in any category. It is difficult to wait and search for weeks, where it is?

Thanks a lot!
LudvikXIV
LudvikXIV

Postby linuxluver » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:29 am

I have also been uploading more photos. Regardless of any lag, I want to support the site and will renew my subscription when the time comes.

I'm also happy to see interleave viewing is restored. All the images look *great* in fullscreen on my 3D PC monitor.
linuxluver

Postby admin » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:17 pm

LudvikXIV wrote:I started upload again, because a lot of people in my area have Samsung 3d smart tvs and they are capable to see my photos using Phereo technology. You guys are doing right thing, are you working also on other vendors enablement as well?

We can implement other 3D modes on users demand, so if you have on your mind any popular 3D technology which phereo is not supporting, don’t hesitate to ask.

LudvikXIV wrote:Please could you clarify your process for new uploads, I am little bit confused not having my latest 3 pictures not visible in any category. It is difficult to wait and search for weeks, where it is?

Home page and The Latest Uploads are pre-moderated, so new pictures appears there in 20-30 hours after upload. However you could see your uploaded pictures immediately in your albums, you could embed it to your blog, etc.
admin
Site Admin

Postby fujiw33dstuff » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:12 am

Home page and The Latest Uploads are pre-moderated, so new pictures appears there in 20-30 hours after upload. However you could see your uploaded pictures immediately in your albums, you could embed it to your blog, etc.

While it would be wonderful for my images to be shared more widely, I'm just concerned about my images being available to me or the system so that I can embed in my blogs, share URLs (albums?), etc. As of my most recent visit, I've calculated that the system has had my first set of uploads for over 52 hours. I can view my own images when I myself log in but I cannot share, embed or view as a visitor.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ogz6whwxsuz07 ... 0%20PM.jpg

Is there a delay of vetting or moderating due to the holiday?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uapxhbl8l3m9d ... 4%20PM.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y75c80m4xrp6u ... 2%20PM.png

Please clarify so that I can plan accordingly.
fujiw33dstuff

Re: Image moderation lag...

Postby fujiw33dstuff » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:52 pm

I see that the images in question are now in place.
fujiw33dstuff

Next

Return to Phereo Site