Feature request / Feedback

Site related topics

Moderator: alex

Re: Feature request / Feedback

Postby 2eyedFroggy » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:30 pm

hi all,
Something like this might be useful for thoses on anaglyph :

https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/firefox/a ... he-lights/

And sometimes I got some ghosting effect on MPOs on phereo that doesn't exist here when using strophotomaker or the (so) basic stereo photo viewer from the brand that sells my graphics board.
(not with an A it's with a N)

Most of the failures I get on viewing can be solved using F5 in firefox.

The slideshow could not launch at all, maybe working on it ... maybe later.

Thx for reading, have a nice day
2eyedFroggy

Postby Vasily » Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:26 pm

Hi Froggy,

Thank you for your comment - you are now memorized as the first person to post on our forum!

Sorry for the bugs - we were busy with a mobile app, now it's time to update the website)

You are right about the ghosting - it is likely that the luminance of green should be reduced. But that will affect overall image perception, so we are evaluating.

By the way, we appreciate your artwork with our logo!

Vasily
Phereo Team
Vasily

Postby rcantor » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:50 am

There's definitely a color shift resulting from the algorithm you're using. I'm including two screenshots, taken on the same monitor, the first rendered by Phereo Player from an mpo file, the second rendered by StereoPhotomaker from the same mpo file. The difference is visible with or without red-cyan glasses--see especially the skin tones and the wooden frame.

Let me take this opportunity to pass along a few thoughts about your very handsome front page. First, would it be possible to permit users to choose whether to view thumbnails as 2-D, as currently, or as one of the offered 3-D formats? Being able to see depth in the thumbnails would help us know which images we'd like to click on.

Second, I'm not a big fan of cropping people's images for the thumbnail. It seems especially unnecessary since most 3-D images are horizontally oriented, so they should fit reasonably well into the horizontally oriented space above the black info band in each thumbnail. Capturing only a portion of the image as a thumbnail gives a poor sense of what the image is and undermines the photographer's intent.

Finally, if you open one of the thumbnails on the front page, it takes you to that image's page. If you then click on the Phereo Player, the Previous and Next buttons take you the that album's previous and next rather than to the previous and next of the place you came from (i.e., Awards, Staff Picks, Latest Uploads), which makes browsing of these front page features inconvenient. You might be able to remedy this by either (1) having the Phereo Player know where you came from and having its Previous and Next buttons be context-sensitive to that, or (2) having the front page features (Awards, Staff Picks, Latest Uploads) each constitute a separate album (which in the case of Latest Uploads would be dynamically changing as new uploads are added), so that when the Previous and Next buttons are clicked, they'd go to the previous or next image in the Awards album or the Staff Picks album, etc.
rcantor

Postby Vasily » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:37 am

Thanks a lot for feedback, Rob!

Usability issues - understood and addressed. As for the anaglyph - we'll investigate. The possible reason is that we need to reduce green channel to eliminate ghosting, we'll evaluate!

Vasily
Vasily

Postby 2eyedFroggy » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:15 am

Thx Mr vasily.
2eyedFroggy

Postby linuxluver » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:18 am

Can you make it a feature to disable the preview on the main page of the people we follow? This is taking longer and longer to load as i follow more and more people.

and / or

Perhaps on the main page have a list of the 5 most recent photos of the 5 most recent uploaders you follow? This would mean a maximum of 25 thumbnails and save you resources for both server and network....and also make the page loading much faster.

The list of 5 could link to a separate page listing of all you follow (perhaps broken down by alphabet order if one day we have a situation where we follow 500 (or 5000 people). A favourites (user) list would also be a good way to be more efficient.
linuxluver

Postby DaEmpty » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:27 pm

A fullscreen mode would be amazing.
DaEmpty

Postby sasquatch » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:14 pm

I've only just joined so finding my way around.

Is there a way to batch upload images? If not add that as a feature request ;)
sasquatch

Postby sasquatch » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:53 pm

Ok, I have found the Phereoshop software.

My feature request is for a mac version. Is it on your todo list?
sasquatch

Postby linuxluver » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:41 pm

sasquatch wrote:Ok, I have found the Phereoshop software.

My feature request is for a mac version. Is it on your todo list?

You could run it on Windows in a VM in the meantime. A guy i work with does all his Windows software development in a VM on a Macbook. :-)
linuxluver

Next

Return to Phereo Site