Tagging, virtual albums, links etc

Site related topics

Moderator: alex

Tagging, virtual albums, links etc

Postby lardconcepts » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:28 pm

If I want to copy a very good picture into an album called "best pics" but also keep it in the original album, I currently have to upload it twice using more space.

Of course, the solution would be tags, but they don't seem to currently work for new tags.

For example, this picture http://phereo.com/lardconcepts/image/4f ... 81a000009/ is tagged:
dam,wales,bridge,lardbestpics

There are two problems here:

When I click the tag "dam", http://phereo.com/s/?ss=dam&type=tag in fact rather than returning tags called "dam", it also searches picture titles, so I get a picture titled Amsterdam. It should default to whole words, not partial words.

Secondly, I made a tag lardbestpics. But when I click the tag http://phereo.com/s/?ss=lardbestpics&type=tag the search says "Your search yielded no results".

So, old tags return photo names, and new tags cannot be searched.

Also, a brief note about whether tagging is comma or spacer separated would be good; I worked out that it should be comma, but sites differ, so "tags (comma separated)" would be helpful.
lardconcepts

Re: Tagging, virtual albums, links etc

Postby lardconcepts » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:20 pm

I just noticed that the tag I mentioned is NOW showing, so it took a few hours, but still tag searching is searching image names instead.
lardconcepts

Postby bulkinav » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:18 am

lardconcepts wrote:I just noticed that the tag I mentioned is NOW showing, so it took a few hours, but still tag searching is searching image names instead.
The caching system on our site is enabled (to reduce the load on the servers), because of which this situation arises.

lardconcepts wrote:Also, a brief note about whether tagging is comma or spacer separated would be good; I worked out that it should be comma, but sites differ, so "tags (comma separated)" would be helpful.
It's a good idea and we will implement it.

lardconcepts wrote:If I want to copy a very good picture into an album called "best pics" but also keep it in the original album, I currently have to upload it twice using more space.
No, the image copy function will not be (this may violate someone's copyright on these images). If you like a image, you can add it to your favorite album.

lardconcepts wrote:Of course, the solution would be tags, but they don't seem to currently work for new tags.
At the moment we don't have search by tags (only by images). But very soon we will modify the logic behavior of the search to make it better.
Phereo Support
bulkinav

Postby lardconcepts » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:35 am

bulkinav wrote:At the moment we don't have search by tags (only by images). But very soon we will modify the logic behavior of the search to make it better.
Brilliant news, thank you for listening.

It was also be great if my tags could be listed throughout the gallery, perhaps like a tag cloud, or the way Picasa does it, so that I can create these "virtual" galleries, and please make sure it only tags whole words, so that tag search for "dam" doesn't give me "Amsterdam" - thank you!
lardconcepts

Postby bulkinav » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:36 am

Thank you for your interesting suggestion. Perhaps in the future we will implement a similar concept.
Phereo Support
bulkinav

Postby linuxluver » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:31 am

I'm now adding tags to new uploads and will add them to the old ones (over time), too.

Any idea when we will be able to search on tags?

I'm assuming they are comma-delimited. The format/syntax for tags doesn't appear to be documented anywhere other than in this thread.
linuxluver

Postby bulkinav » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:15 pm

linuxluver,

Indeed, there is a problem: you can enter tag for the image, but it does not appear anywhere (however, you can search for images by tag in the search field). But do not worry, UI will be fully redesigned on the site very soon and tag info will appear again.
Phereo Support
bulkinav

Return to Phereo Site