Next/prev buttons randomness

Site related topics

Moderator: alex

Next/prev buttons randomness

Postby lardconcepts » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:32 pm

Hello, I really like this site, great work, hope it keeps growing.

Just a couple of observations:

When I first enter an album, if I press "next", it takes me to the last item in my gallery, leaving only "random" and "prev". If I press "prev", or directly select another photo, it seems to go semi-random.

For example, if I enter this album:
http://phereo.com/lardconcepts/album/4f ... 819000001/

Look at the second photo, the duck - to the left, the first (prev) will be the steering wheel, the next (to the right) will be the wooden bench. So let's click that photo:
http://phereo.com/lardconcepts/image/4f ... 86900000c/

Now press "next", you expect to see the bench, but it's steering wheel (the first item), but then you can click "next" - perhaps we will wrap round to the end of the gallery to the eagle? No! We are now in the middle with the tree. Perhaps we can click "prev" to get back...oh, hang on, we have a cow!

In other words, it seems to be semi-random, the order in which the images are displayed is not the gallery order, prev/next seems random, and the 12-image block on the right seems to bear no relation to what is coming next or has been viewed.

The other thing is, most of my files are 1.5mb or under, in fact, If I add up all my files on disk and calculate:

224 files on disk = 344Mb = 1.5mb per file.
I've uploaded 155 files but says 284Mb used, shouldn't it be closer to 238?

Anyway, not a big problem as I'm not likely to be uploading as much in future months and I can always go pro, I was just wondering about the discrepancy.

Keep up the good work!
lardconcepts

Re: Next/prev buttons randomness

Postby bulkinav » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:40 am

lardconcepts wrote:Hello, I really like this site, great work, hope it keeps growing.
When I first enter an album, if I press "next", it takes me to the last item in my gallery, leaving only "random" and "prev". If I press "prev", or directly select another photo, it seems to go semi-random.
We study this situation. If this problem confirmed, it will be fixed.

lardconcepts wrote:224 files on disk = 344Mb = 1.5mb per file.
I've uploaded 155 files but says 284Mb used, shouldn't it be closer to 238?
Are you sure that 1.5 MB is a real size of each file (but not average)? Perhaps, 155 files really have the size close to 284 MB.
It's also worth noting that when determining the size of the uploaded file going round up of size.
Phereo Support
bulkinav

Return to Phereo Site