A new problem after site update

Site related topics

Moderator: alex

A new problem after site update

Postby Vapymid » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:59 pm

Hi,

After the update today (20.02.12) the full-screen viewer no longer shows full-size images for side-by-side viewing. The picture is the same size as preview, only shown on dark gray background. Anaglyph seems to work OK.

As a side note, the quality of side-by-side preview is often very poor now (seems like most of the JPEG data is not decoded properly and the image shows like maybe 15%-20% JPEG quality).

Regards
Vapymid

Re: A new problem after site update

Postby linuxluver » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:47 am

Same here. The images are very small now. The image of the planet Earth recently uploaded is actually smaller in fullscreen mode than in the preview....by about 50%.

Is the default "side by side" now parallel or crossed? It appeared to be crossed.

I see we can swap the L and R.

To be honest, I preferred the previous implementation of the 3D mode functionality.

NVidia 3D Vision would be nice if I had a 3D screen....and I prefer to avoid anaglyph viewing as the parallax embedded in the image is frequently not appropriate for all parts of the image.

Sorry to grumble...but this isn't an improvement in my opinion. But at least having the default side-by-side mode explicitly stated would help.....
linuxluver

Postby Deggi » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:54 am

confirmed, SBS modes look extremely bad at this moment :(
Deggi

Postby bulkinav » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:17 am

Thanks all for your reports!

1. "SideBySide" displays the images in "Crossed" mode by default. The button "Swap" allows you to change the stereopair, changing "Crossed" mode on the "Parallel" mode.
2. Low resolution image in the player in "SideBySide" modes - is bug.
3. Low image size in full-screen viewer - it's also bug. You can press "hide bottom" of the preview area, and then image will be appear in full size.

These issues will be fixed.
Phereo Support
bulkinav

Postby Vapymid » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:24 am

Thank you for the quick response.

Just wanted to note that if I press "hide bottom" button in the viewer, the image does expand to full screen but it is only being upscaled - the resolution remains the same as in the small image. In the past the full size viewer would reload the image to match its resolution to the screen size (if the source was large enough, I believe). It would be nice to return to that functionality.

Regards
Vapymid

Postby Vapymid » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:36 pm

It all seems to be working very well now!

Regards
Vapymid

Postby linuxluver » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:12 pm

Same here. It looks much better now. Thanks very much for the quick fix. :-)
linuxluver

SBS default? Re: A new problem after site update

Postby linuxluver » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:20 pm

Hmm.

For this image, the default SBS mode is parallel....and I have to click on the swap button to get into crossed mode.

It was originally an MPO file.

Could there be a bug in how some of the images are being handled?

http://phereo.com/linuxluver/image/4f40 ... 777000001/

UPDATE: I've looked at more photos and the default SBS mode is definitely not crossed now. I need to swap every image to make it crossed.
linuxluver

Postby Vapymid » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:59 am

Do you allow cookies in your browser? My browsers remember the swap settings, so I only needed to change it once.

Regards
Vapymid

Re: SBS default? Re: A new problem after site update

Postby bulkinav » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:23 am

linuxluver wrote:Hmm.
For this image, the default SBS mode is parallel....and I have to click on the swap button to get into crossed mode.

We decided that for SBS is better to use "Parallel" mode as default. You must click "Swap" button if you want to switch to the "Crossed" mode. The selected view mode is saved in browser's cookies.
Phereo Support
bulkinav

Next

Return to Phereo Site