Can't view some uploaded photos

Site related topics

Moderator: alex

Can't view some uploaded photos

Postby San10 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:33 pm

Hi,
for some reason i can't view 4 photos i uploaded a month or 2 or so ago.
I can't view them on the phereo app
I can't view them on pc or mac.
These are the photos i can't see anymore.
http://phereo.com/image/5c64b973658b6a191f0000d1
http://phereo.com/image/5c451b6b658b6aae0400002d
http://phereo.com/image/5c451b5f658b6a9604000039
http://phereo.com/image/5c451b4b658b6a1d1f00000b
I noticed some people liked the photos i uploaded, but that was 2 months ago, so i think it happened some time later.
Are they corrupted on the server?

I know i might be like a voice in the wilderness, concerning this website isn't really maintained anymore, but maybe som others experience it as well.
San10

Re: Can't view some uploaded photos

Postby PhilESieve » Wed May 08, 2019 11:26 pm

You are not alone. The app says I am not connected to the internet if I access the latest 15 or so photos, which I can't see on there. On the website jus version, it buffers forever and might say it can't do it. Puffin has the latest flashplayer online, so even if my LG G3 with 6.0 should have difficulties with downloaded software not being supported, the browser should. Please fix this, Phereo. I know I have the free account, but others might get put out, unless it isn't happening for those with a paid-for service.
PhilESieve

Postby worldofdepth » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:48 am

Browsing the site today, I see large swaths of photos on both my page and others' pages with unloaded images. Then sometimes a thumbnail will be shown but the pop-up image won't load. Is this is a chronic, known issue? Anyone know a fix? I've tried multiple browsers, changing cookie and adblock settings, clearing caches, etc.
worldofdepth

Postby darkonus » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:20 am

Seems to be an issue for quite a few people for many months now.

I have yet to read anyone providing a fix or workaround for this missing image/thumbnail issue for Phereo images. I can only presume it may be some server issues popping up because Phereo support is basically non-existent anymore, which tends to lessen chances in finding fixes and receiving help from them ultimately impossible too.

I guess I've been fortunate, I have not noticed my own account missing any photos at any time yet. For those that have had images or thumbnails disappear at some point, I'm not sure if any of them have miraculously just returned on their own, or simply stay missing from the point in which they disappeared. My gut feeling says they probably stay gone once they disappear.

As nice and convenient Phereo is for storing and sharing 3D images, this lack of support when issues come up and the increasing unreliability of the site over the last few years are unfortunately good reasons to always store and share 3D images on other more stable public photo sharing sites if that is the goal. You just don't know when, it could be a month, a year , maybe more, but eventually that one day could easily come where all the photos simply just disappear and there is no more Phereo ....

~ Craig ~ "DarkOnus"
darkonus

Postby worldofdepth » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:39 am

[Sigh] Was afraid that might be the case…feel like I discovered Phereo 5 years too late.
worldofdepth

Postby Morlok » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:32 am

Alas but I as well found out that my photos placed on the Pereo site became unavailable. Technical support of Phereo does not answer questions. I lose interest to load photos more.
Probably Phereo is dead.
Somebody knows phereo an alternative?
Morlok

Postby darkonus » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:26 am

Unfortunately I'm not aware of any other current dedicated public 3D photo sharing website that has the built-in ability to allow viewers to take a member's image and with a CLICK of the mouse simply and easily see it in multiple 3D formats ... such as Phereo offers.

I also upload all my 3D images to Flickr, then to share them more I specifically post the images to the various 3D groups Flickr has to offer within it. Not as simple as using Phereo, but it is an alternative for many people where Flickr is available.

Though at some point there may be a new site which will offer something similar to Phereo, where users can upload their images in one format, and then the website interface allows switching to various alternative 3D viewing options. However, it's in the very beginning stages right now being developed and tested by the creator and some users. You can read more about this future possible new 3D photo sharing website here at this 3D forum: Future platform stereopix.net

~ Craig ~
darkonus

Postby 537ba517df7df3d60b000000 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:56 pm

I have similar problem, especially the photos which the visibility is set as 'by the link'.
Even I can not see them from 'organizer menu.

/iful
Attachments
phereo problem.jpg
can not see the photos which set as by the link
537ba517df7df3d60b000000

Postby San10 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:55 pm

Is there no way the original owners creators of the site are willing to hand the site over to other developers? Or to make the software available ( under a gnu license) or something) ?

That other site 3dphoto.net or something is also dead as i tried many times a few years ago to register but to no avail.
San10

Postby darkonus » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:20 am

San10 wrote:Is there no way the original owners creators of the site are willing to hand the site over to other developers? Or to make the software available ( under a gnu license) or something) ?

They froze the project back in 2014 when the team disbanded and had decreased support down to basically zero fairly quickly. Last team member support on their Phereo forum was back in 2015

Several years ago there were a few members that tried to see if the Phereo team might be interested in more financial support from Pro accounts, or possibly selling/sharing their intellectual property in some fashion. It was almost impossible to even contact anyone back then because they weren't responding from any of the sites and contact info Phereo had been listing to get in contact with them on those sites, including Phereo.com, Twitter, and Facebook too.

Other than their digital footprint with social media pages and Phereo site/forums still kind of running like Zombie sites, they simply seemed to fall off the face of the earth with support. The last publicly posted Phereo support I've come across was from at least a couple years ago on their Facebook account concerning *only* their Android released app. They've literally disappeared from the public support arena since then even on Facebook it seems. :cry:

If they don't want to reply to any of their listed contacts or social media websites, I guess they have little interest to allow anyone else to take over the Phereo project. It will be interesting to see if the Phereo.com website domain gets renewed as the expiration date gets near next year.

San10 wrote:That other site 3dphoto.net or something is also dead as i tried many times a few years ago to register but to no avail.

You are not alone with the registration issue, it happens, but not really accurate info overall as far as the site. The site has never been "dead" since I registered back in 2013, though it has had its fair share of issues over the years. It's been down at times, had registration issues at times, daily participation by a low number of members, and currently getting quite a few "500 Internal Server Error" screens (just hit refresh button to fix) . . . but not actually dead. ;)

Just browsing the 3Dphoto forum as a non-member you should be able to see there are new posts and daily posting activity, from the time you tried registering a couple years ago, all the way to today . . . it's just not a whole heck of a lot of activity! :oops:

But the few very active members it does have are extremely knowledgeable in the subject of 3D, sharing a lot of good information and detailed discussions amongst members, which for myself was definitely worth the registration.

I can say as well that the only person I know who has actually met/messaged directly with Phereo team staff is the founder of 3dphoto.net forum. How recently he's been in contact I'm not aware, it may be years ago, but he personally knew a Phereo team member referred to as Vasily K.
Regards,
~ Craig ~
darkonus

Next

Return to Phereo Site