Staff Picks & Featured Categories

Site related topics

Moderator: alex

Staff Picks & Featured Categories

Postby rucnd3d » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:44 pm

Almost afraid to ask this question.
Does anyone know why the STAFF PICKS & FEATURED categories haven't changed in over a month?
Or is that how long it takes to update them?
Dan
User avatar
rucnd3d
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:57 pm

Re: Staff Picks & Featured Categories

Postby drwr » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:31 pm

It appears that the Phereo staff is not as active these days in maintaining these lists or other aspects of this site. They have made a few posts recently (see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=260 for instance) suggesting that they are investigating a new business model. No idea what that means for the future of phereo.com .
User avatar
drwr
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:22 am

Re: Staff Picks & Featured Categories

Postby linuxluver » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:11 am

drwr wrote:It appears that the Phereo staff is not as active these days in maintaining these lists or other aspects of this site. They have made a few posts recently (see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=260 for instance) suggesting that they are investigating a new business model. No idea what that means for the future of phereo.com .


The relatively small number of Pro user accounts won't generate much revenue to support software development in the long term. It looks like channel agreements also don't generate much / any money. The "premium" subscription content was very ordinary and updated very infrequently....so I can see the site needing something. The one thing that might generate some money (3D soft porn) isn't something they want to get into....and that's perfectly understandable.

Our images are, in effect, their content. They give us a nice platform to share / view3D images. We give them something to sell. The "Featured" and "Staff Picks" would be the best of the best....and hopefully people would pay to see them.....though the current model has people paying to upload them.

I might pay for both my own ability to share and to also see the best of the rest.....but other than that, without advertising, I don't see where revenue might come from.
User avatar
linuxluver
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:07 am

Re: Staff Picks & Featured Categories

Postby bulkinav » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:34 pm

Hello guys!

linuxluver, yes, you're thinking in the right way with regard to the current state of the Phereo project.

I'll be frank with you - our team is fully disbanded last summer. Unfortunately, the business model has suffered a bigger failure. Investment in the project did not meet expectations. We are spent a lot of money into the project, the team... and real incomes could not cover the our losses.

I think now you understand why the Phereo does not develop, although we had big plans to further improve the service.

From time to time I am adding the images to the Featured / Staff Picks categories (as a volunteer), because I believe that the end is not yet and it is possible that the Phereo will be revived.

I am with you!
Phereo Support
User avatar
bulkinav
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:02 pm

Re: Staff Picks & Featured Categories

Postby linuxluver » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:58 am

bulkinav wrote:Hello guys!

linuxluver, yes, you're thinking in the right way with regard to the current state of the Phereo project.

I'll be frank with you - our team is fully disbanded last summer. Unfortunately, the business model has suffered a bigger failure. Investment in the project did not meet expectations. We are spent a lot of money into the project, the team... and real incomes could not cover the our losses.

I think now you understand why the Phereo does not develop, although we had big plans to further improve the service.

From time to time I am adding the images to the Featured / Staff Picks categories (as a volunteer), because I believe that the end is not yet and it is possible that the Phereo will be revived.

I am with you!


Email me privately about what sort of money you might need to keep the site going. You should have my email address.
User avatar
linuxluver
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:07 am

Re: Staff Picks & Featured Categories

Postby bulkinav » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:00 am

linuxluver, thank you for your desire to help, but at the moment the money from the users will not help us, because here need real investment.

But I have good news - hosting was paid for two years, so that the Phereo will not be closed in the near future. However, the service will not develop.
Phereo Support
User avatar
bulkinav
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:02 pm

Re: Staff Picks & Featured Categories

Postby linuxluver » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:46 pm

bulkinav wrote:linuxluver, thank you for your desire to help, but at the moment the money from the users will not help us, because here need real investment.

But I have good news - hosting was paid for two years, so that the Phereo will not be closed in the near future. However, the service will not develop.


What is "real investment"? Can you put a number on that?
User avatar
linuxluver
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:07 am

Re: Staff Picks & Featured Categories

Postby bulkinav » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:46 am

linuxluver wrote:What is "real investment"? Can you put a number on that?

This means that we need the money that would have allowed to resume work on our projects - site, Dekstop and Android apps and others.
The amount of investment is to provide work for a small team (5-6 people) for at least for one year.

On the other hand, all former employees already working in other places, and assemble a new team will be extremely difficult, even with proper funding.

In addition, the current situation in the world of 3D does not allow earn any money. I think this is not a niche for profit, only fo fun :(
Phereo Support
User avatar
bulkinav
 
Posts: 280
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:02 pm

Re: Staff Picks & Featured Categories

Postby Vapymid » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:00 pm

Try a Kickstarter campaign, maybe?

Regards
User avatar
Vapymid
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:43 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: Staff Picks & Featured Categories

Postby linuxluver » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:33 pm

Vapymid wrote:Try a Kickstarter campaign, maybe?

Regards


That's a great idea. I can't support 5-6 devs for a year, but I can help out in a significant way with the support of others.
User avatar
linuxluver
 
Posts: 144
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:07 am

Next

Return to Phereo Site