Anaglyph issues, ghosting and file corruption

Site related topics

Moderator: alex

Anaglyph issues, ghosting and file corruption

Postby 542f0939df7df3353d00000a » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:40 pm

Hi, I'm new to using the site. That said, I've uploaded many images, and the interlaced screen option in the stereo player works fine for my monitor. But, when I try to use anaglyph, the images are very green and ghosty. I realize the anaglyph method used here is the Dubois anaglyph, which reduces the red, but to the point where there is little or no color at all in the images plus a lot of ghosting.

The anaglyph method used in the Phereoshop app editor is full color, and that's what I expected from the 3D site viewer as well. Too bad as it just takes another level of interest away from the images plus adds a lot of ghosting. I'm sure that those members that only use anaglyph are not getting a good experience and therefore their interest in 3D is getting less and less :cry: .

Some images also do not show correctly in the all modes, as if the image file is corrupted, but if it is, they why would it work in some modes and not others?
542f0939df7df3353d00000a

Re: Anaglyph issues, ghosting and file corruption

Postby bulkinav » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:21 am

Hello!

Thanks for your feedback! I received your email with the same question, so I'll answer here.

You right, the site uses the Dubois anaglyph method, because it is considered the most best one. All images are converted to anaglyph using the most optimal settings, and I'm sorry that you find these settings are not too good. Of course, we should add at least a few more types of anaglyph, as is done in Phereoshop or our Android app. Unfortunately, the Phereo project is frozen, so I can not say when it might happen.

I would like to note that the images are displayed with the JPEG quality of 70. Because of this, some images may have slight artifacts.
Phereo Support
bulkinav

Postby 542f0939df7df3353d00000a » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:44 pm

Thanks for you quick response. I also noted the reduce jpeg quality, so good to know why. As with all things on the web, it takes money and effort to make things better, so without a lot of pro users, things can't be improved as quickly as users would like.
542f0939df7df3353d00000a

Postby linuxluver » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:31 pm

I'm sorry to hear the Phereo project is frozen.

That is not a good sign for the future.
linuxluver

Postby bulkinav » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:38 am

Unfortunately, the current business model has not met our expectations :(
But I very much hope that in the future things will change for the better.
Phereo Support
bulkinav

Return to Phereo Site