Rotation flag not preserved

Site related topics

Moderator: alex

Rotation flag not preserved

Postby San10 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:38 am

When i rotate jpegs in windows, the rotation is not preserved when uploading to phereo
nor via phereoshop

I've got a bunch of mpo's of vertical objects; (photographed vertically through fuji W3 A3D mode alignment)
i'll have to split them into 2 jpegs and then rejoin them as a vertical mpo, or just upload right away the 2 split left and right images.
But that doesn't work out as the rotation flag isn't recognized somehow, leaving me with sideway images.

Could you implement a correct recognization of the rotation flag in both phereo.com as phereoshop and an option to rotate in phereoshop as well?
San10

Re: Rotation flag not preserved

Postby bulkinav » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:50 am

Hello!

Sorry, but currently this feature presented only in the Left+Right import wizard in the Phereoshop app :?
And yes, we'll think about your idea!
Phereo Support
bulkinav

Re: Rotation flag not preserved

Postby San10 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:10 am

No, in windows the left and right jpeg look fine vertical, but in phereoshop, they appear sideways again.
Only with some force like 'jpeg lossless rotator' or manually re-save each picture with photoshop to another format and then uploading the left/right one by one on the site as in phereoshop there appeared to be no option for left right seperate images, only parallax, anaglyph mpo sbs tb interlaced etc.

While one with a fuji w3 could virtually upload a lot of normal horizontal mpo's directly, which is already great, in all other cases a lot of handwork needs to be done.
Especially if you've got a lot of images with different parallaxes and vertical ones, it is a daunting task.

- You can't just drag mpo's in your album on phereo like on google+. You either have to upload them one by one, or use phereoshop (only Windows) to put in then upload from there.
- You have to readjust the parallax or even re-assamble the picture if it was a vertical one before uploading.
- The left/Right Swap function doesn't seem to be saved in phereo organiser on the site, so you have to re-assamble the picture again on your pc and reupload again.
- On Phereosite, you can't edit/delete inline while viewing. You'll have to swap to organizer each time to alter pictures and tags.

I think many here are craving for a phletora of the options and autocorrections all the other 'mono' image sites have.
Basically, in the 3D world, the scripts Stereomaster, Stereo PhotoMaker use embedded somehow plus drag and drop.
San10

Return to Phereo Site