"By the Link" for album?

Site related topics

Moderator: alex

"By the Link" for album?

Postby drwr » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:05 am

It appears that Visibility is a per-photo setting, not a per-album setting. And if I set "By the link" for all of the photos in my album, it means I have to send a link to each individual photo--if I send a link to the album, it appears to my recipient to have no photos in it!

So, does this mean it is not possible to have a "By the link" setting for an album as a whole, so that I can send a link to my album to the friends I would like to have access to it?

Thanks,
David
drwr

Re: "By the Link" for album?

Postby bulkinav » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:10 pm

drwr wrote:So, does this mean it is not possible to have a "By the link" setting for an album as a whole, so that I can send a link to my album to the friends I would like to have access to it?

Hello David,

Privacy settings apply only for the image, but not for the album. Maybe in the future it will be possible to apply for the album also.
Phereo Support
bulkinav

Postby drwr » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:07 pm

OK, thank you! I would like to suggest this as a very useful feature. As it is currently, the only convenient way I can share an album is to mark it public, which I may not want to do with semi-private pictures.

Thanks!
David
drwr

Postby drwr » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:31 pm

Addendum: I thought I could work around the issue by constructing my own page which embeds all the photos I want to share, and sharing a link to that page. But this doesn't work either, because "embed" is not provided for "By the Link" photos.

Is there a technical reason that I can't embed By the Link photos? It seems like that would be a much easier change than adding a completely new feature to albums (though I still want that feature!), and it would at least make it possible for me to share pictures in this way.

Thanks,
David
drwr

Return to Phereo Site