What other devices have an uploading app.?

Site related topics

Moderator: alex

What other devices have an uploading app.?

Postby PhilESieve » Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:29 am

I don't mess around with photography software. All the options would make my head spin, I think, but I see 3d cameras not being sold anymore, except on websites and clearance sections of bigger consumer tech stores, and I fear they'll be gone, if I don't buy one. I was told those ones, like the Fuji 3d W3 and a Panasonic one or two, don't play well with uploading sites, like phereo, and computers. Are there 3d cameras that do? Also, can cell phones take photos, download phereo and send them to phereo via wifi? Thanks! This question is for anyone. I'd rather phereo look into my uploading problem more. Thanks!
PhilESieve

Re: What other devices have an uploading app.?

Postby skyemail » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:32 pm

I use the Fuji W3 camera for 3D photos and upload them to phereo with out problems. The camera does not have an uploading app so I remove the SD card from the camera and copy the files to my PC or upload them directly from the memory card.
Most of the photos I tweak with SPM to crop and align or boost contrast before uploading, but some I send up raw from the camera memory card.

What sort of uploading issue are you having? I noticed your post indicating your crash experiences from an LG phone. Is that what you are trying to avoid? Regarding 3D cameras being available, you are correct in that the Panasonic and Fuji cameras are only available online. The Panasonic camera is shipped from Japan having only the Japanese menu interface. I also use the Toshiba 3D Z100 camcorder and it does not have any app for uploading. Cameras expect to be used with computers for uploads, smart devices do it directly, but few support 3D photos. Consumer choices are slim for 3D.
skyemail

Postby PhilESieve » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:21 am

Thanks!

There is a clearance section at Nebraska Furniture Mart with a few of those models not sold in stores, anymore, but I saw bad reviews for the Fuji one.

So non-3d equipped computers can save the integrity of glasses-free 3D for posting on Phereo? At the store mentioned above, they said there would be problems doing that with above cameras. As for my phone, all other apps work fine, but Phereo won't upload my gallery photos by uploading them via the app, via the non-app Phereo site to upload it from my gallery (even as an MPO) or by hooking my phone up to my MacBook (also with the photo in MPO format).

I don't want to be rude to Phereo. They are very nice and try to be helpful, but, if I can't resolve this problem, are there photo sharing or cloud apps for glasses-free 3d photos, because my camera phone can't hold them all indefinitely. You can e-mail it, if you answer that, to be polite to Phereo. They kindly sent me a zip file of the previous version, but I don't know if that will be safe for the phone, outside of playbook, though not due to any misdeed of Phereo.

BTW Do any US or foreign carriers in the US carry the Sharp 3d camera phone? I heard it's really amazing!

Thank you for helping!
PhilESieve

Postby skyemail » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:25 pm

You do not need a "3D equipped computer" to transfer 3D image files to Phereo.
The Stereo Photo Maker free software also works on regular PCs and can be used to crop and align stereo images.
Having a 3D monitor is nice for viewing the files in 3D but is not required to edit the stereo pairs.

The store that told you to expect problems with the Fuji camera is not being very helpful and are most likely has little understanding of 3D photography, formats etc. If you are using a MAC to upload MPO files I have no idea what your experience might be as I use a PC without problems.

As far as reading a bad review on the Fuji 3D cameras...
Yes there are some negative reviews for that camera, but most are extremely positive.
Negative reviews typically call out poor quality 3D video, short battery life or poor low light sensitivity.
Amazon has 219 reviews for the camera and an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
The Panasonic model camera has fewer reviews but a similar high average rating.
skyemail

Postby PhilESieve » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:48 am

Thanks!
PhilESieve

Postby 523b46d5df7df3bd6d000003 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:54 pm

skyemail wrote:The Stereo Photo Maker free software also works on regular PCs and can be used to crop and align stereo images.

Why you advertise the SPM here, if Phereo has a program that is not inferior in functionality? :lol: I mean the Phereoshop - http://phereoshop.com.

Phereo team has spent a lot of time and effort to create something useful for you, but you continue to bend the stick, not paying any attention to it and even advise a third-party competing product on their website :faceplam:
523b46d5df7df3bd6d000003

Postby PhilESieve » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:38 am

SPM probably doesn't have photo sharing, anyway. What is a good cloud for 3d photos, glasses-free or not, anyway?
PhilESieve

Return to Phereo Site