problems using 3dvision on web site

Site related topics

Moderator: alex

problems using 3dvision on web site

Postby dsweet » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:27 pm

On Saturday (9/7/2013) I was happy that the site was working for me with both firefox and ie 10 in 3d vision mode.
On Sunday this was no longer the case.
Now it works intermittently in both IE and firefox. There is a lot of screen refreshing going on now and sometimes the full screen pictures simply appear in 2d even though I am in 3d vision mode.
I have rebooted and reset many times. The PhereoShop app works fine. It is only access through the web site that is inconsistent and appears to do a lot of unnecessary refreshes even when it does eventually display in 3d.
Are there any settings in ie or firefox that would prevent these screen reloads?

-David
dsweet

Re: problems using 3dvision on web site

Postby dsweet » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:40 am

When the screen is flashing, a windows error is also flashing. It reads "The color scheme has been changed to Windows 7 Basic. A running program isn't compatible with certain visual elements of Windows."
error.png
error.png (12.65 KiB) Viewed 14415 times

You really have to zoom in to see it.

Any thoughts?
dsweet

Postby bulkinav » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:01 am

Hello! Thanks for your fedback!

Yes, this problem sometimes reproduced on our PC too, but the reason is the instability of NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for browsers. I want to note that 3D Vision plugin is still BETA and therefore there may be a various problem.

Please try to change the Windows theme to "Basic" or "Classic" (without Aero effects).
Phereo Support
bulkinav

Postby dsweet » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:03 pm

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately when I don't use the Aero Effects it vision doesn't work at all.
It does work perfectly from phereoShow, although I have a couple ideas of how to improve the application:
1. In slideshow mode, the transition between images consists of a black screen flash and a refresh. It gives me a headache after a few dozen slides. How about a smoother transition (dissolve).
2. phereoShow produces really good vision images. Why not have it access the pictures on your site? Latest, Featured, My Photos, etc...Maybe you make this part of the reason to upgrade.

And finally, is there an api, like smugmug has, that could return the list of urls to each of the categorys (Latest, Featured, My Photos, etc...) That way others could develop apps to display the images.
dsweet

Postby 2eyedFroggy » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:34 pm

Same for here today, it's been long since I didn't play with phereo, lotz of changes ... Cannot get Nvidia to work with firefox, donot have IE, let's play on local mode !
Maybe a reboot would do the trick.
2eyedFroggy

Postby 2eyedFroggy » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:40 pm

A reboot did the trick, functionnal on 3dvision with firefox on seven with no aero deck
2eyedFroggy

Postby nickmur » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:40 pm

dsweet wrote:Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately when I don't use the Aero Effects it vision doesn't work at all.
It does work perfectly from phereoShow, although I have a couple ideas of how to improve the application:
1. In slideshow mode, the transition between images consists of a black screen flash and a refresh. It gives me a headache after a few dozen slides. How about a smoother transition (dissolve).
2. phereoShow produces really good vision images. Why not have it access the pictures on your site? Latest, Featured, My Photos, etc...Maybe you make this part of the reason to upgrade.

And finally, is there an api, like smugmug has, that could return the list of urls to each of the categorys (Latest, Featured, My Photos, etc...) That way others could develop apps to display the images.

Hello!

Thank you for taking time and providing us some insights and thoughts on improving our app!

Phereoshop and Phereo.com - it's a different products and we don't see any sense to combine their functionality.

Regarding API: we do provide developer documentation on demand. If any developer has an intent of using our galleries he should contact us.
Kind regards,
Nick Murashov

Phereo team.
nickmur

Postby dsweet » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:22 pm

"Phereoshop and Phereo.com - it's a different products and we don't see any sense to combine their functionality."

Because my friend, as Phereo has declared earlier in this topic, "the instability of NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for browsers".
Currently there is NO WAY for Phereo users to view the fine 3d pictures found on the Phereo Site, in their full glory, in 3d, at full resolution.
That is other than to buy a Samsung or specific models of LG 3D TVs (mine doesn't work) and even those applications have constraints (like only the 100 latest are available).
It would be easy to have the Phereoshop app show the 3d pictures from the site instead of as it does now from a local drive. This would provide A WAY (although may it be not the ideal way) for NVidia nvision users to access the pictures.

Whatever Phereo's solution, I hope you recognize the problem and can take steps to fix it, so we can enjoy the pictures to the fullest extent.
dsweet

Postby bulkinav » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:55 am

Dear David, I also perfectly understand your concern on this issue, but the cause of the problem lies in the instability NVIDIA Vision 3D plugin for browsers. As you understand, Phereo not develop this plugin. I think that NVIDIA is aware of these problems and that in the near future they will improve the stability of their drivers.
Phereo Support
bulkinav

Return to Phereo Site