Stolen images

Site related topics

Moderator: alex

Stolen images

Postby rippedoff » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:25 pm

You have photos posted by a fellow named rezan . I suspect none of the photos were taken by him. I am certain 6 photos are mine and I recognize many more that I am sure aren't his. Please remove this thief from your site. Thank you.
rippedoff

Re: Stolen images

Postby nickmur » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:11 pm

Hello,

We will make sure the images are blocked once authorship is proven. Please, provide links to the proposed fraud images and we will remove them.
Kind regards,
Nick Murashov

Phereo team.
nickmur

Postby turbguy » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:53 pm

Many of mine, too have been stolen and then cropped by this user. I demand Phereo take a firm stance and BAN this user for repeated Copyright Infringement.

I have sent you a separate message concerning this.

Are you prepared to argue this practice i a Court of Law?

Turbguy
turbguy

Postby Szoboti » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:36 pm

About rezan:

My private opinion, as a user, a 3D photographer, ist that rezan deserves to be banned. It is not reason, but anger that speaks from me, but he did anger a lot of us.

Turbguy:

I'm not an expert on this, but i think that Phereo's terms of use make users who post solely responsible for the content they upload, while Phereo has the rights to remove any image. I trust people at Phereo, Flickr or Youtube (where I recently flagged a video with my stolen image, and they removed it whitin 4 days) But we all know, that a lot of users just don't care about our rights, and sadly, we have to take care of things, from time to time :(
Szoboti

Postby turbguy » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:35 pm

Phereo DOES bear responsibility for what ends up being posted on their site. They can't simply ignore repeated issues, that would be ignorant.

If they have firm evidence of a registered user who repeatedly, and consistently, violates their own "terms of service", they have the OBLIGATION to do more than just "delete the reported images".

In this case, this user in not only found GUILTY, but a REPEAT OFFENDER!

So, Phereo, what type of "step-wise discipline" are you going to take in this case?

Turbguy
turbguy

Postby Szoboti » Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:41 pm

Ok

I can only speak for my self, and not on behalf of Phereo, and since i started all of this i do have a few things to say about how we ended up like this.

So as i mentioned earlier, my images were stolen from flickr and used on youtube and various websites. This started me on my hunt for stolen images. When i got tired went through Phereo, just to rest a bit and to look at good 3D. And pictures from rezans gallery were among the popular ones, so i looked at his gallery and i found it strange. I was already on the hunt for stolen images for days (originally for my stolen images) so i tried the image search. The image in rezans gallery was stolen, but we all know that now.

Earlyer I reported stolen images and phereo removed them quick. But now i stopped. I realized, that if i report the abuse and the image gets deleted, you guys might not have proof against rezan. So i went trough all of rezans pictures with google "search by image" and if i found a mach, i left a note under the original image. (you can see it on Flickr) In the end i was there with the list of 11 people whom rezan has stolen images from. I also made some posts on this forum. I wanted a better way to protect us phtographers and artist from people like rezan. As far as i see, the admins of Phereo do try to improve things for us. But more about that you can read on the topic: "reminder for all who post stolen images!"

With the list of the 11 people i found rezan have stolen images from, i started writing to all of you, and asked your help. Since i wanted you guys to decide to go after rezan or just delete. Later i realized, that to be able to push the "abuse" button, you have to be signed in. If any of you asks me to help, i am happy to do so.

So until now, Phereo did not have any firm evidence. I have not reported the images, just assumed on this forum, that they might be stolen. They replied: "All fraud images will be deleted once original authorship is proven." But i did not provide them with the evidence. I waited for you guys to see what rezan did.
They also stated: "We act on Presumtion of Innnocence: innocent until proven guilty." We do hold the evidence, so this is not a problem. Well, problem might be, that i did have the evidence, but i did not gave it to them. I could have reported the images days ago, and the pictures would be now deleted. Leaving you guys whitout a chance to act against rezan.
Szoboti

Return to Phereo Site