New to Phereo (not to 3D) have questions about LG app

Site related topics

Moderator: alex

New to Phereo (not to 3D) have questions about LG app

Postby ojedapaco » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:42 am

Greetings from Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

I was pleased to discover your app in my LG 3D TV menu yesterday, so I've been tinkering since then. I also noticed that you pushed a new version of the app today. Yay! I have questions:

1. I uploaded a few MPOs to your website, and they show up fine on my computer, but not on the TV set. I can see others' images without a problem.

2. Since I'm on a Mac, I have no way of easily editing the images. As such, I'm uploading them in full resolution from my Finepix W3. Since they are large files, is this what is causing them NOT to show up on my TV set?

3. Are there any other Mac users out there, and if so, how are you going about editing/cropping/resizing your 3D images?

4. Every time I go to the app on my TV I have to sign up again. It would be so sweet if the TV would remember my login information every time, but I'm not sure you have control over that. Comments? Is this possible, such that it could be added to a wish list?

I thank you in advance for your kind attention!

Paco Ojeda
ojedapaco

Re: New to Phereo (not to 3D) have questions about LG app

Postby bulkinav » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:21 pm

Hello!

1. I uploaded a few MPOs to your website, and they show up fine on my computer, but not on the TV set. I can see others' images without a problem.

Your images will be available in the user page. So, you need login to your account:

primary.jpg
primary.jpg (77.46 KiB) Viewed 15638 times

2. Since I'm on a Mac, I have no way of easily editing the images. As such, I'm uploading them in full resolution from my Finepix W3. Since they are large files, is this what is causing them NOT to show up on my TV set?
3. Are there any other Mac users out there, and if so, how are you going about editing/cropping/resizing your 3D images?

Currently the Phereoshop is only available for Windows. But you can use a virtual machine or BootCamp to run the Phereoshop.

4. Every time I go to the app on my TV I have to sign up again. It would be so sweet if the TV would remember my login information every time, but I'm not sure you have control over that. Comments? Is this possible, such that it could be added to a wish list?

It's strange, because the account information must be saved after restarting the application. Perhaps it features of your TV platform. Please tell me that the model of device you are using?
Phereo Support
bulkinav

Postby ojedapaco » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:42 pm

Hola again, and thank you for your quick reply!

Your images will be available in the user page. So, you need login to your account:

I am able to log in successfully, and the square previews of my images appear without a problem. When I click on any of them, they don't show up, i.e. the spinning icon that indicates something is loading just keeps spinning. Other images load just fine.

Currently the Phereoshop is only available for Windows. But you can use a virtual machine or BootCamp to run the Phereoshop.

I will give BootCamp a go. It is unfortunate how little there is in terms of software for manipulating MPOs and 3D imagery in general, and Mac compatibility in particular.

It's strange, because the account information must be saved after restarting the application. Perhaps it features of your TV platform. Please tell me that the model of device you are using?

It is an LG 55LW5700-UE with software updated to its latest version.

Thank you in advance for any comments you can provide!

Paco Ojeda
Puerto Vallarta
ojedapaco

Postby bulkinav » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:07 pm

When I click on any of them, they don't show up, i.e. the spinning icon that indicates something is loading just keeps spinning. Other images load just fine.

Yesterday we had a problems on the server, perhaps because of it you could not see your images. And I want to note that an images from the user galleries are loaded much longer than the image of the other categories. Unfortunately, this architectural feature of the application. I hope that in the future we will be able to improve this behavior.
Phereo Support
bulkinav

Postby ojedapaco » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:05 pm

Yesterday we had a problems on the server, perhaps because of it you could not see your images. And I want to note that an images from the user galleries are loaded much longer than the image of the other categories. Unfortunately, this architectural feature of the application. I hope that in the future we will be able to improve this behavior.

Have these problems been resolved? I still cannot see my images displayed properly on my TV set.

Another question: Is there a reason why your website and the TV app display different images in the "Latest" pool? The app on my TV set displays the latest 100 images, and mine are not among them. When I browse through the latest images on my computer, my images do show up.

Gracias,

Paco
ojedapaco

Postby bulkinav » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:34 pm

All the problems were resolved on the same day.

Another question: Is there a reason why your website and the TV app display different images in the "Latest" pool? The app on my TV set displays the latest 100 images, and mine are not among them. When I browse through the latest images on my computer, my images do show up.

These are made specifically. Each category contains only a hundred random images from the total. At present we are not able to show all images in the TV app.
Phereo Support
bulkinav

Postby 2old4toys » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:04 am

how is the 3D picture viewing quality ? I have a w3 camera and wanting to buy a new 3DTV soon. Are you happy with your TVs ability to display images that do show up on the Phereo app? also have you tried connecting the memory card of the camera directly to the TV to compare quality? I expect any 3D LG TV to be able to read the MPO files from USB or built-in card reader. or at least connect the camera's HDMI out to the TV should work. So many options to play around with to show 3D on your TV...
2old4toys

Postby ojedapaco » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:53 am

how is the 3D picture viewing quality ? I have a w3 camera and wanting to buy a new 3DTV soon. Are you happy with your TVs ability to display images that do show up on the Phereo app? also have you tried connecting the memory card of the camera directly to the TV to compare quality? I expect any 3D LG TV to be able to read the MPO files from USB or built-in card reader. or at least connect the camera's HDMI out to the TV should work. So many options to play around with to show 3D on your TV...

Of course I'm not happy. My LG tv does not display my own images, and the developer hasn't provided a sensible explanation as to why. So I wouldn't get too excited about Phereo just yet. Phereo aside, however, I routinely connect a USB drive to the back of my TV to view the MPO files produced by the W3. Until Phereo can provide a solution to my woes, this is what I will continue to do.

Paco Ojeda
ojedapaco

Postby dsweet » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:17 pm

It is September 9th, and I have all the same issues that Paco had back in June:
1. Logging in every time is a hassle: over 50 button clicks to enter my 8 character password.
2. Although some of the photos in other galleries can be viewed, and I can see the thumbnails of my pictures, I cannot view them in 3d.

This will be a great app once it works.

-David
dsweet

Postby ojedapaco » Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:25 pm

Hola David,

So nice to hear from a kindred spirit... What type of camera are you using? To this date, I still have the same problems as I did, and have discontinued using Phereo. But I'm encouraged by hearing from someone with similar symptoms as mine...

Best wishes,

Paco
ojedapaco

Next

Return to Phereo Site