My viewing experience (LG 3D display)

Stereo pictures general talk

Moderator: alex

My viewing experience (LG 3D display)

Postby yuriythebest » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:34 pm

Greetings! This site is great, however the viewing experience could be improved when using an LG 3D display (passive polarized, horizontal interlaced) or any other interlaced display

When selecting a photo to view - you have a "swap" button - this is good, however in my case there still is a tradeoff - it works correctly either in full screen, or in the smaller preview window - but not both. I usually have it set to "swap" so I can see them properly in full screen, but when not in full screen L/R is swapped - it would be great if there could be an option/button to remedy this

Also - is there a shortcut for swapping L/R when in fullscreen? - it would be great to be able to swap for individual images where L/R is incorrect
yuriythebest

Re: My viewing experience (LG 3D display)

Postby linuxluver » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:03 am

I've seen this, too, on my LG screen. Not just with Phereo, either. It also happens when I am watching a YouTube video in a window and change to fullscreen.....I then have to swap left and right. Maybe it is an LG issue.....(LG D2542P at my house)
linuxluver

Postby bulkinav » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:14 am

yuriythebest wrote:I usually have it set to "swap" so I can see them properly in full screen, but when not in full screen L/R is swapped

Issue can occur when the first line of the image gets the odd line of the monitor and vice versa.
This behavior is very difficult to handle, especially in the preview window.

yuriythebest wrote:Also - is there a shortcut for swapping L/R when in fullscreen?

Yes, this shortcut is present: you need press "X" button on keyboard to swap L/R.
Phereo Support
bulkinav

Postby yuriythebest » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:59 pm

indeed - however a single checkbox in the user preferences/settings could allow for an option to "swap in fullscreen" (swap from the L/R setting the user has currently - so if he already set to swap it would unswap, if unswapped then swap)
yuriythebest

Postby linuxluver » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:16 pm

bulkinav wrote:Yes, this shortcut is present: you need press "X" button on keyboard to swap L/R.

I'm very happy to know that "X" swaps in fullscreen mode. Thank you.
linuxluver

Postby payt01 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:53 pm

I've got the same issue on my LG 2542 too. The pictures seem to swap left and right images seemingly at random, and i have to keep pressing X to get the correct view.. it's a bit of a strain on the eye too. For some reason everything seems to work fine on my LG optimus 3d.
payt01

Return to General Discussion