Lenticular Prints

Stereo pictures general talk

Moderator: alex

Lenticular Prints

Postby drjez » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:58 pm

I have been doing a bit of research and reading and am planning my first foray into making my own lenticular prints. Has anyone done any ? What is peoples experience of these and any pearls of wisdom or things to avoid.
drjez

Re: Lenticular Prints

Postby linuxluver » Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:32 pm

drjez wrote:I have been doing a bit of research and reading and am planning my first foray into making my own lenticular prints. Has anyone done any ? What is peoples experience of these and any pearls of wisdom or things to avoid.

No idea. But I'm also interested in how one might do this. I know a couple of 3D sites offer to sell lenticular prints of uploaded images.
linuxluver

Postby Vapymid » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:53 pm

As I understand, to make a good lenticular print you need to have more than 2 offset images (the more, the better). After that the images need to be interlaced and printed and then laminated onto a blank lens.

Apparently, there exist blank frames in which you can just slide the print without laminating but I doubt they will work well.

It all sounds a bit too involved for my liking and no doubt expensive, but intriguing :-)

There are companies that supply software and materials, like this one (I've just done a quick search):
http://www.nexternal.com/vuethru/all-products-call.aspx

Regards
Vapymid

Postby 2eyedFroggy » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:54 pm

hi guys,
here u can buy sheets and for small printing they point to a craftsman.
http://dplenticular.com/
Nice day.
2eyedFroggy

Postby NeoMatrix » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:48 pm

3D printing
Last edited by NeoMatrix on Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NeoMatrix

Postby 51dfa2b7df7df38112000000 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:01 pm

Hello everyone!

My name is Dory A. and I am from Romania.
Recently I start my own business here as a 3D event photographer
and lenticular printing services. If someone is interested to print his
3D photos can contact me at: adoru23@hotmail.com

Best

http://fotografie3d.wix.com/fotograf3d#!stereo-photography/cxq8
51dfa2b7df7df38112000000

Postby IC3D » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:23 am

51dfa2b7df7df38112000000 wrote:Hello everyone!

My name is Dory A. and I am from Romania.
Recently I start my own business here as a 3D event photographer
and lenticular printing services. If someone is interested to print his
3D photos can contact me at: adoru23@hotmail.com

Best

http://fotografie3d.wix.com/fotograf3d#!stereo-photography/cxq8

Hi Dory! Good luck on the new career. What kind of camera rig are you using? Just curious.
IC3D

Postby skyemail » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:58 pm

Lenticular printing is fun but can also be frustrating to get it done properly.
You can do it two ways:

Option #1
Use multiple images progressing from left to right. Figure 8 - 12 images depending on the quality you want to achieve.
There is some free software that allows you to print multiple images to align with lenticular lens sheets.
The software has a calibration check to use with your printer and make custom settings in the software.
After printing the interlaced images, you align the lens sheet with the photo, then carefully attach the lens on to your photo paper while peeling off the protective backing on the lens. To get out the air bubbles, use a squeegee, or run through a cold laminator while peeling off the backing. This takes some practice.

Option #2
There are a few software packages out there for that use left right pairs to create intermediate images for lenticular printing.
These are fairly expensive, depending on the quality. I have used Triaxes with varied results depending on the image pairs.

Links -
Lenticular sheets and free printing software for flip or 3D images: vuethru.com
Lenticular printing software for creating multiple images and printing: triaxes.com

Hope this helps...
Steve
skyemail

Postby itsikw » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:54 pm

We are printing stereo images in lenticular media for free 3D viewing: http://www.pop3dart.com/stereoprints.html
We will be happy to serve this community.
itsikw

Postby RichyT » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:03 pm

Vapymid wrote:Apparently, there exist blank frames in which you can just slide the print without laminating but I doubt they will work well.

I bought the frames but the software was a lot more. I could not get it working well on my own. The issue was partly that printer resolution did not match the spacing of the lenticules (?) and also that getting the alignment of the paper right was difficult. Some 3D effect was attainable but not satisfactory. I may give them another go when I get a new printer.
RichyT

Return to General Discussion