WEB SITE MALFUNCTIONS

Stereo pictures general talk

Moderator: alex

WEB SITE MALFUNCTIONS

Postby 5be75c75888428b01c000004 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 3:47 pm

Is anyone else having this problem? When I go to upload a photo, it requires permission for Adobe Flash. I click "Allow" and the popup returns, but with NO upload buttons at the top. So I cannot upload the photo no matter how many workarounds I try. Often, when the upload buttons occasionally appear, I will type in the title and description, hit upload (with all type-ins present and the upload bar showing completed), hit "save" and the photo appears on my page, but with NO TITLE OR DESCRIPTION. This is extremely frustrating to say the least. I am seriously considering abandoning Phereo and going to other venues for my work. There is no "help" link to be found anywhere that I can find. Perhaps I am doing something wrong, but I doubt it. This needs to be fixed, please.
5be75c75888428b01c000004

Re: WEB SITE MALFUNCTIONS

Postby darkonus » Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:27 am

I feel your pain .... :(

The type of problem you are posting about (missing buttons, upload failures, etc.) has been one that has come up multiple times over the last couple (few) years, and there are other threads that have discussed it before, I myself started a thread back in 2017 discussing uploader issues (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=310), and I've encountered the same type of issue multiple times over the years.

When the issue does rare its ugly head, some people seem to have the issue while others don't, like now, I do not have any issue uploading side-by-side pairs or left/right individual files with my account, I just tested both types and successfully uploaded a few files to my stream. The description was fine, the title was fine, and even the tags all uploaded with the images perfectly.

I am running Windows 10 64-bit with Firefox 64.0.2 at the moment when I tested uploads, but in the past (as my other thread disclosed) when Firefox broke with Phereo uploads I could sometimes use Microsoft's Edge or Explorer 11 browsers to successfully upload images without any issues at all.

So sometimes it seems to be specifically related to which OS and/or which browser you are using, and by changing browsers, refreshing browser cache clearing all site data some people (like myself at times) have been able to once again get the uploader to work . . . other times no-one has figured out what was wrong nor what steps to specifically take to immediately fix the issue . . . but eventually things just seem to go back to normal and working for everyone again, and everyone stops talking about it, and we all go back to uploading our images perfectly fine again like it was never there at all.

Unfortunately, the majority of the Phereo team more or less ceased most (all) support and operations years ago, though occasionally when things seemed to break fully, someone had come along and "fixed" things. There are a very limited number of users here that even post or follow the forum here often enough which might be able to possibly offer help in a timely manner, if they could help at all, and the admin and mods have basically disappeared and rarely (most of them never) come here and help anymore, which has also been discussed in other threads too, it's a sad state, but just something you have to get used to dealing with I'm afraid if you decide to continue to use Phereo for your 3D images, sorry.

~ Craig ~
darkonus

Postby 5be75c75888428b01c000004 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:46 am

A very helpful reply, Craig, and thank you very much for taking the time to bring me up to speed! Dave
5be75c75888428b01c000004

Postby BerndPietsch » Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:31 am

I have the same problem and I am using for the uploads Edge or Internet Explorer. But even these two only work, if you change certain settings in the respective options. The website operators should not be blamed.
BerndPietsch

Postby josebarbera » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:03 pm

I think the easiest way to upload photos to Phereo is to use the free program Phereoshop 2.0.3:

http://phereoshop.phereo.com/download

Buy now I have problems to visualize the photos uploaded to Phereo, approximately during past two months: from January 15 to March 15. I can not see some 3D pics in any way, anaglyph, parallel etc.

I think that Phereo is the most powerful instrument to worldwide spread the stereophotography, but no old 3d institutional organism (ISU, NSA or 3D PSA division etc.) helps to support it, despite the whole world knows Phereo is the best and powerfull 3D photo website.

Phereo survives only with the support of enthusiastic PRO members and with the altruism of its remanent staff...
josebarbera

Postby kano3d » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:41 am

I'm using the website Tridimensional.info to promote Phereo, I will also embed 3D photos in the future, when appropiate
kano3d

Return to General Discussion