Please add a comment here if you're an active user of Phereo

Stereo pictures general talk

Moderator: alex

Re: Please add a comment here if you're an active user of Ph

Postby kano3d » Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:34 am

I'm still here! (shout with Morpheus voice)
kano3d

Postby worldofdepth » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:10 pm

I *was* active for a while, but my images and albums started disappearing. Now *all* of them are in fact gone. Does anyone know—is it true that non-pro users' pictures are deleted at the end of billing cycles?

But I also have trouble viewing pro users' pictures. Only about half to two-thirds of pictures will load.
worldofdepth

Postby Nima3D » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:36 am

I'm using Phereo. I've been checking the website for almost exactly a year, and just got the Android app today.

Would love to see it come to more platforms(Hydrogen One, Looking Glass, AR, VR) and have some updates to performance on Android.
Nima3D

Postby darkonus » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:42 pm

I used to be very active on Phereo in the past, but I've been very absent over the last year or so because I had to move and wasn't getting any time to get out to take new pictures. Besides not getting out taking new pictures, I still haven't found my new home yet, so my editing PC and main camera for taking photos are is still packed away in storage waiting for me too.

It's tough times because I really enjoyed taking photos, creating new 3D images and sharing them on Phereo and Flickr very much, but unfortunately the way things have been going for me it doesn't look like I'll be getting back to doing it anytime soon in the near future either, which makes me sad.

The other issue for me has always been the uncertainty with the website itself after Phereo's development team disbanded several years ago. The future of the software and upkeep with the website have been very questionable to say the least. Add to that the very unsafe, non-secure Phereo website using extremely outdated, vulnerable Adobe Flash, has always been an issue for me anyway.

The website has also been plagued with different issues popping up over the last few years (login issues, missing files, upload issues, etc.) with no support from Phereo to help users.

Adobe is completely abandoning Flash in December 2020, and browsers like Firefox, which I prefer, is reportedly also completely removing Flash support from consumer versions of Firefox too.

I finally updated my Windows 10 laptop to the newest version of Windows 10, and though I seemed to be a very fortunate Phereo member in the recent past, where all my previously uploaded images seemed to be able to be seen as thumbnails as well as viewed fully using their unique multi-view 3D viewer (unlike many who have sporadically lost their uploaded images over time), after the update I cannot view any images on Phereo now, not even any of my own which did always work.

Yes, I even made sure the latest version of Adobe Flash was installed and working on sites, as well as allowed on Phereo ... Maybe the whole site is currently not working for anyone, I don't know, but it's not working for me anymore. In the past when I was very active, I did everything I could do in order to try to get the site and software working so I could view other member's images as well as continue to upload and share my 3D images. As good as Phereo was (and still is for viewing 3D when it does work as intended), my recent inactivity along with the Phereo site/server/software continual issues both functionality wise and security, I decided this is the absolute end for me and using its service going forward, because it's just not worth the effort anymore.

Not sure when I'll be back creating new 3D images, it will eventually happen, and I'm hoping it will be more on the sooner side than later, and if anyone is interested I still have all my images in albums stored in my Flickr account below.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/67387943@N02/albums

It was fun while it was working well, and a blast to be a contributing member for many years, good-bye Phereo and everyone I followed and who followed me along the way!

~ Craig ~
darkonus

Postby San10 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:45 pm

Working with or in 3D, viewing 3D, using and sharing pictures from the Phereo site is a just as lonesome and desolate experience as the lonesome housearrest lockdown experience with that virus right now.

I still upload to phereo and view on my zte 3d via a contortionist way.
But it feels to be like the Last Mohicans in 3d land being on phereo. :(
San10

Postby IC3D » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:49 am

Still using Phereo App on my HTC EVO 3D - LOVE IT!
IC3D

Postby 5fb895c3778aff9b63000000 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:32 am

Hi. I'm Lauretta Pham
5fb895c3778aff9b63000000

Postby qant » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:23 pm

Hi there! Where we can post our photos now? )
qant

Postby yuriythebest » Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:03 pm

Hello! I recently got back into stereophotography and was looking for various places to show my 3d photos, and even uploaded some photos here - phereo is a great site, however right now for me it for some reason is very buggy when it comes to actually displaying images - sometimes they load quickly, sometimes take minutes to load and sometimes don't load at all, and right now even the preview images aren't working on the main page ( yes, I have fast Ukrainian internet).
I really like phereo because it's basically "3d flickr" and makes it easy to view photos on my 3d display in interlaced, if only the images would load properly.
The biggest issue right now is fragmentation of the 3d communities along with very low numbers, you have to go through a complicated different upload process for several sites just to get a few views/comments.
What's available right now:

phereo - has 3d viewer support - buggy/ current status unknown
mtbs3d - has 3d viewer support - low community numbers
3dphoto forum - has 3d viewer support - low community numbers, very out of date UI
dpreview- No 3d viewer support - has a 3d forum section with a few people
flickr - No 3d viewer support - has some active members
reddit stereoscopic crosseyed section - No 3d viewer support - has some people

what's bad is that each of the above has its own intricate upload system ( except reddit- there it's easy) , so if I just want to upload some 3d photos to show em off I'd have spend way more time uploading/posting the photos than actually taking photos and it'd turn into a chore
yuriythebest

Previous

Return to General Discussion