3D cameras coming up.

Stereo pictures general talk

Moderator: alex

3D cameras coming up.

Postby linuxluver » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:38 am

I've ordered a LucidCam (180 degree 3D VR camera) and should receive it sometime in July.

I've also ordered a Vuze Camera (360 degree 3D camera with 4 pairs of cameras and software to stitch together a 360x360 3D VR image. This will ship in October - hopefully.
linuxluver

Re: 3D cameras coming up.

Postby kano3d » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:41 am

And there's the TwoEyes camera that can act as traditional 3D camera, added to VR mode (2D, 3D, VR 180, VR 360)
http://www.tridimensional.info/2017/03/ ... indiegogo/
kano3d

Postby San10 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:44 pm

This is nice to see a bunch of those in the make.
I knew there are 360 degrees cameras but they are all mono, so it is nice to see stereoscopic ones.
I only wished also decent high spec dslr's would become available as well as pocket ones like Fuji but with better lenses
San10

Postby linuxluver » Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:28 am

My VUZE 3D 360 camera arrived.

I'm coming to grips with it.

I have yet to hear from Lucid Cam. They have announced full public availability and are begging me to order one despite me having paid in full almost a year and a half ago. But I wasn't a kickstarter funder so I'm in the queue to have it shipped "in July". I should hear something soon. It's July 4th today.....but a holiday in the US.
linuxluver

Postby linuxluver » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:19 pm

My Lucid Cam arrived, too.

They quickly brought out a 4K resolution firmware update.

The camera and phone app are pretty good, but a bit buggy.

The app is really the only way to see the photos easily, but it presents them in a list with the new ones at the bottom. So if you want to see your latest photos and you have 500 on the camera......that's a lot of scrolling. They say they will soon fix that. You can view the images on the Samsung Gear VR if you export them from the app, but this can only be done one at a time. There is no multi-select.

The bug is that when you delete all the photos on the camera.....the app on the phone still has all the old photos there with the old file names. If you then download a new photo from the camera, the camera has restarted the count from zero....and you end up seeing the old photo thumbnail, but the new photo when you open it. By the way......you will lose the original photo if you didn't back it up before downloading the new one to the phone....as it will be overwritten by the latest file with that name. Really, the camera should remember the last number allocated - like the Fuji W3 - and keep incrementing the numbers.

The video is probably better than the stills......but for 3D VR video the camera MUST be still or viewing it just unpleasant (if not actually sick-making for some).
linuxluver

Postby San10 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:13 am

I've checked the wiki site about 3D enabled phones and was surprised to see a lot more up until 2017
Yet hard to come by or more expensive even than last year, but anyone having any experience with those?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_3 ... ile_phones

Which come to mind for me are:
- ZTE axon 7 max: this one has a parallax barrier as well as two (very close to each other) cameras
- Y6 doogee max 3d: somewhat cheaper and no 3d cameras only 3d screen.
- Takee 1 3D: Parallax barrier and eye tracking!

Many are very elusive or hard to get, or don't have 3d cameras or do, but some don't have a 3d screen?!
I personally choose 3d screen over the 3d cameras, because i like that feature. I can do cha cha, though not with video, but can then watch anything back in stereoscopic on a 6" phone or phablet ;) .
San10

Return to General Discussion