my pics only in b&w?

Stereo pictures general talk

Moderator: alex

my pics only in b&w?

Postby hoppenbrouwers » Thu May 14, 2015 9:41 pm

Hallo I do see my pics on the front only in b&w . When clicking they change in size and are colored. Lol
Normal? Greetings Wim
hoppenbrouwers

Re: my pics only in b&w?

Postby darkonus » Fri May 15, 2015 6:44 pm

hoppenbrouwers wrote:Hallo I do see my pics on the front only in b&w . When clicking they change in size and are colored. Lol
Normal? Greetings Wim

Hello Wim, I believe I may have an answer for you, though maybe a staff member can verify or correct me if I'm in any way inaccurate.

Phereo uses only 2D images for the thumbnail images in all galleries, and will only use full color chips if there is any color at all in the image. If you upload images as anaglyph files, even color anaglyph images, all the 2D thumbnails for them will be B&W, because neither of the images used to create the color anaglyph are full color. Phereo doesn't want to use red or cyan colored thumbnails taken from a colored anaglyph image, so instead, they show them as desaturated B&W thumbnails instead.

Hope that makes sense why all your image thumbnails are in B&W, even if the images themselves are actually color anaglyph when viewed at larger sizes.

~ Craig ~
darkonus

Postby hoppenbrouwers » Mon May 18, 2015 9:02 am

Thanks Graig! That was the answer i was waiting for. Problem solved. many thanks wim :shock:
hoppenbrouwers

Postby San10 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:56 am

But that also means they show up in b and w in native 3D viewing; EVO 3D, 3D TV etc.
San10

Postby bulkinav » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:29 am

Hi all!

Craig is right - to display the preview image using the original source file, and in this case it is always black and white (B & W). Displays in different modes of anaglyph realized on client-side using the computing power of your device (it's faster and we do not need to store all versions of anaglyph images).
Phereo Support
bulkinav

Return to General Discussion