Cats cats, cats...

Stereo pictures general talk

Moderator: alex

Cats cats, cats...

Postby turbguy » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:15 am

Why are photos of cats so popular? Yes, they are great pets, but...seems to be a stereotype (excuse the pun) throughout all of online photo sites!
turbguy

Re: Cats cats, cats...

Postby San10 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:26 pm

Pets in general,
but Dogs and Cats mostly..
Half of Facebook is paved with close ups of Dogs and Cats.
It also almost looks if everyone owns a dog or cat where i live.
I am not so into pets in general. I for example don't like that 'begging' behaviour of pets, going after your sandwich and requesting attention while you are in the middle of a conversation with someone.
If i visit you, i don't have to know all whereabouts about the puppy of the stepson in law of the friends neighbour and be getting into attention stuff of the newborn baby or the kitten of the neighbours. I came to visit you, no one else.
I have a hard time explaining to folks that i am not disliking pets or animals in general, but that i don't like to be forced into this pets attention stuff and forced to get go along with it.

I can however enjoy nature a lot and can enjoy newborn goslings and cygnets in the canals, but that is more natural.

I for example am a treehugger. So in my albums you will see lots of trees.
There is also an entomologist amongst us, with lots and lots of beautiful photos of bugs, you normally would avoid.
There is an adult section with nude women.
Etc.

But of course this won't answer your question why they turn up at staff picks.
That the staff can answer you then.
San10

Return to General Discussion