First 3D Post of 2015

Stereo pictures general talk

Moderator: alex

First 3D Post of 2015

Postby linuxluver » Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:37 pm

It's the middle of January and this forum needs a post to start the New Year.

I recently bought another Fuji 3D W3 as a backup for my 4 year old Fuji 3D W3 camera. It is still possible to buy new Fuji 3D W3 cameras, but they are becoming more rare. In my experience, they are the best consumer 3D digital camera. Not perfect....just better than the others.

The loss of 3D support on Youtube for my 3D PC monitor was probably the biggest blow of 2014 for me, personally. I have a lot f 3D videos on YouTube (Linuxluver).....but it is now very difficult to view them unless you have a device that explicitly supports 3D on Youtube....like a 3D TV or a 3D handheld device like the LG 3D Max. As usual with Google services, there is no one to complain to and no response if you do complain to someone. In this respect, Google is a terrible service provider.

Is anyone aware of another 3D video web site?
linuxluver

Re: First 3D Post of 2015

Postby rucnd3d » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:36 pm

There may be some hope in a site called 3D Crave
http://3dcrave.com/
Don't know for sure. Currently it is being upgraded from its beta version.
More information about it can be found at its facebook page.
hope this helps :D
rucnd3d

Postby San10 » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:37 pm

That site is undergoing a transformation, but not available right now, so i can't see what it was capable of.

This site phereo is still not updated and still feels beta to me. Still a bit like a 2000's workflow.
(i want to drag in a bunch of mpo's directly to phereo.com, instead of having to use external windows only programs, in this case phereo2, edit inline on site etc. A bunch of things most 'mono' picture sites have).

Are there licenses involved of using 3D Stereomaker software inframe in this site that would hinder it from being implemented into this site already?
I mean, there are folks, (like me), that took the annual 30$ option, so there would be at least some reserve for that?
Or did the software developers of this site go on vacation and didn't come back and leave the server languish, since it is automated?

I have such a love hate relationship with this site because of that.
If i found out how to implement a 3D viewer on my own website, then i'm gone and link those to my Facebook.
If there will be no progress in 2015 then i'm gone.
San10

Postby bulkinav » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:38 am

San10, please read my post here - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=270#p1188
Phereo Support
bulkinav

Postby linuxluver » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:28 am

I should add that I have now bought a 3D TV and YouTube's 3D support works just fine with it. YT also works fine with my LG 3D Max and my Neo3DO tablet....so really, we are just talking about Flash support on conventional PCs.

As I can now watch YouTube on my TV directly, 3D videos are no longer a problem. They work.

I'll probably start making them again soon.
linuxluver

Postby San10 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:44 am

linuxluver wrote:It's the middle of January and this forum needs a post to start the New Year.

I recently bought another Fuji 3D W3 as a backup for my 4 year old Fuji 3D W3 camera. It is still possible to buy new Fuji 3D W3 cameras, but they are becoming more rare. In my experience, they are the best consumer 3D digital camera. Not perfect....just better than the others.

The loss of 3D support on Youtube for my 3D PC monitor was probably the biggest blow of 2014 for me, personally. I have a lot f 3D videos on YouTube (Linuxluver).....but it is now very difficult to view them unless you have a device that explicitly supports 3D on Youtube....like a 3D TV or a 3D handheld device like the LG 3D Max. As usual with Google services, there is no one to complain to and no response if you do complain to someone. In this respect, Google is a terrible service provider.

Is anyone aware of another 3D video web site?

Fuji W3 is asked for about 500 to 1000$ on eBay right now! :shock: I also am looking for another one or parts of it as my SD Card Reader is in permanent locked mode. During taking apart some connections are bent :( .
Luckily i've still got my two HTC EVO 3Ds (white and black one) working as i use those now for shooting and viewing when outside.

In Youtube there is a /v/ trick. make the full address appear in your browser and change /watch?v= to /v/ so https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsPqwyz ... 93&index=1 becomes https://www.youtube.com/v/ZsPqwyzjhSo&l ... 93&index=1 for example. You can now choose all 3D options.
You can however not watch fullscreen then and some videos are blocked in that mode if there is 3rd party music in the video.
San10

Return to General Discussion