3D Monitor Question

Stereo pictures general talk

Moderator: alex

3D Monitor Question

Postby craic8 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:37 am

I have a Fuji FinePix and I've been trying to figure out the best way to view them on something other than the camera screen and I'm missing some key information. Forgive me if these are simple questions. I know a bit about using and programming a computer, but hardware seems to have me stumped. If I buy a 3D monitor, does the computer/laptop need a special graphics card to render the 3D image? Or does the software that comes with the monitor do the rendering? I would need active shutter glasses with it, correct? Are there any passive 3D options without buying a 3D tv? I have a nice flat screen tv that I'm not interested in replacing. Do you have other suggestions for me? This is a super-silly question, but the "interlace" option - that only works on a 3D monitor with shutter glasses, correct?

Thanks!

Christy
craic8

Re: 3D Monitor Question

Postby skyemail » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:38 am

The many software and hardware requirements for 3D support are confusing to most people at first.
A good option that many 3d enthusiasts use to view 3D digital content is the 3D passive monitor.
I use an LG passive monitor that costs around $250 from Amazon. It uses inexpensive passive glasses that you can get lots of places online. With a passive 3D monitor, you do not need a 3D graphics card or active sync (shutter) glasses. The LG monitor comes with free 3D rendering software from TriDef. You can use that to view 3D photo files or 3D video.
The LG passive monitor also has an HDMI port on it so you can play 3D content directly from your Fuji W3 camera via the optional mini HDMI cable. If you have a 3D bluray player, you can cable it to the 3D monitor HDMI port to view 3D movies.

Horizontally Interlaced images work with passive 3D monitors. With a passive 3D monitor, you can view 3D images from the web, or YouTube 3D video using the interlace option which is supported by Chrome and Firefox browsers.
skyemail

Return to General Discussion