parallel viewing

Stereo pictures general talk

Moderator: alex

parallel viewing

Postby 53e670b7df7df38a6d000003 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:14 pm

Dear Ptereo,
A great site!! Thanks for this initiative! And I see a good interpretation of the stereo viewing methods! A very first indeed!!! Most of the other programs/sites don't fully recognise 'parallel' and 'crossed' properly. Of course for that one needs to provide the right parameters when uploading pictures (to make sure that the viewing method is also correct), and I have the idea that is properly implemented in the 'Import' choice one has in the Phereoshop program. Well done! So great knowledge was put into this (and even under some stereo enthiosiaist this knowledge is mostly not consistently implemented in program/websites). This will make your place a good and future proof stereo web site!

I though have one additional request.
When in parallel mode, I would like to have the stereo picture size not larger than 2 times the distance bewteen the eyes (say around 12cm). With parallel viewing one can't have each picture larger than around 6 cm (some say 6.2cm), if larger one would need a tool (like special reading glasses). As you know, crossed viewing does not have this issues, but some people can't cross view...

I think with tablets this 12cm (2*6cm) is easy to determine, as one can read from the device/display the number of pixels per inch. For deskops/laptops this might be more difficult, but not sure as I think it is now possible in modern screen drivers (I made a web interface [based on javascript] to let the user input this data: http://www.iol.ie/~geniet/3d/calibration.htm [it needs no blocking of pop-up windows, I know a little clumsy])...

At this moment I can't use the parallel option you provide, as the pictures on my laptop (Dell XPS) are always some 19 cm. Also if I make my browser window smaller, the displayed size of the stereo picture is not effected, while that could be another, less user friendly, solution.

Can you help in this feature request? Thanks for considering.

All the best,

Victor
Attachments
Image4.gif
53e670b7df7df38a6d000003

Re: parallel viewing

Postby 53e670b7df7df38a6d000003 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:04 am

I see I can use ctrl - to make picture smaller, but how do I do this on my Android?
53e670b7df7df38a6d000003

Postby bulkinav » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:37 am

53e670b7df7df38a6d000003 wrote:I see I can use ctrl - to make picture smaller, but how do I do this on my Android?

Changing the size of the page in the browser using the Ctrl key is the default behavior in many modern browsers.
In the Phereo Android app this function is not implemented.
Phereo Support
bulkinav

Postby 3dshoot » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:23 pm

Have you considered purchasing a mirror stereoscope? Whether or not you use reading glasses these will allow you to view full size parallel images with fully relaxed eyes - and they're cheap! The is the one I use all the time.

see my blog for more info:
http://3d-shoot.blogspot.co.uk/p/viewing.html
3dshoot

Postby 53e670b7df7df38a6d000003 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:05 pm

Hello 3Dshoot,

Thanks for the idea of the stereoscope, but I just want to be able to view stereo without toools. On my web page I allow all these tools and people choose what they want. I don't want to choose for them, as stereo watching can already be 'difficult'.
I know the tools, but I think if the websites/programs would present things in a proper way, then we would not need them (I know there are advantages...). We can of course also discuss why not use crossed viewing, but some people just can't (I learned it much later, with interesting experiences: http://www.iol.ie/~geniet/3d/perceivedsize.htm ).
And why not support people, the present electronics we can do that easily;-)

So it is possible to adjust the tools to do this properly (I showed the way on my web page), so I hope others will follow.

All the best,

Victor
53e670b7df7df38a6d000003

Return to General Discussion