Phereo Organizer Image Icons

Stereo pictures general talk

Moderator: alex

Phereo Organizer Image Icons

Postby darkonus » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:57 am

I hope a member or someone from support can clear this up for me.

I understand all images have to be moderated first before going public, but I thought images that were not yet moderated show a small circle that looks more like a clock. Such as the couple images I had recently uploaded in my account which are shown below on the left of a screen capture I had taken of my Phereo organizer screen. I always see those clock icons on all new uploaded images, and as soon as they have been approved those icons go away (like the cat image below), and it usually only takes a day or two.

I asked support about one recent upload image of mine that would only show "restricted content" when linked in another 3D photo forum where I wanted to post that Phereo image. It is the image all the way to the right with the red crossed out circle icon on it. I have never seen this icon on any of my previous images, so I thought that image was already moderated, but for some reason it had been restricted by the moderators.

Support responded to my question about the red crossed-out circle icon by answering with this, "Helloo! You see this icon because your image has not been moderated (all uploaded images are moderated before publication to Phereo website, it takes some time)."

However, I also thought images are moderated as they come into the upload queue, but as you can see by my screen shot image, the supposedly unmoderated image is to the right of my latest two uploads of tanks and an already moderated/approved cat image, so my other image uploaded before the cat image shows the red crossed-out circle and has the issue of not showing up when linked to it. If images are moderated as they are stacked in the upload queue, then how was the cat image (uploaded later) already moderated and approved, while the image to its right uploaded earlier than it was not moderated (as support suggested), as I would think it should have been moderated before the cat image?

I'm confused, anyone shed some light on the icons some more? Thanks!

~ Craig ~

darkonus

Re: Phereo Organizer Image Icons

Postby bulkinav » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:42 am

darkonus wrote:Support responded to my question about the red crossed-out circle icon by answering with this, "Helloo! You see this icon because your image has not been moderated (all uploaded images are moderated before publication to Phereo website, it takes some time)."

Hello!

Most likely, we misunderstood each other :oops:

Сlock icon - the image is in the queue for review
Crossed-out circle icon - the image has been reviewed, but was blocked

In your case, the image was blocked due to the fact that it's not correct stereo image - this is anaglyph image, but for some reason it has the left and right pair. It's very strange. Do I understand correctly that you have uploaded this image as "Side-by-Side"?
Phereo Support
bulkinav

Postby darkonus » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:01 pm

bulkinav wrote:
darkonus wrote:Support responded to my question about the red crossed-out circle icon by answering with this, "Helloo! You see this icon because your image has not been moderated (all uploaded images are moderated before publication to Phereo website, it takes some time)."

Hello!

Most likely, we misunderstood each other :oops:

Сlock icon - the image is in the queue for review
Crossed-out circle icon - the image has been reviewed, but was blocked

In your case, the image was blocked due to the fact that it's not correct stereo image - this is anaglyph image, but for some reason it has the left and right pair. It's very strange. Do I understand correctly that you have uploaded this image as "Side-by-Side"?

So I was correct in thinking it was already reviewed and was being blocked, as well as another similar image I had just upload recently too, thank you for the quick reply and clarification on the misunderstanding. OK, but I disagree with the reasoning behind blocking that image by simply stating that it is "not correct stereo image".

Yes, the two images were taken from a color anaglyph image I had created long ago and where I do not have two full color images to recreate a "typical" full color stereo SBS image again, but it seems that image was blocked solely because it looked unusual in 2D, rather than someone actually testing it out by viewing it in the Phereo viewer as an anaglyph, crossview or parallel, etc 3D image, to determine it not being a correct stereo image. Though the image does not look like a typical stereo image because both images aren't full color, I believe you should actually try to take a look at the image as 3D stereo before making the decision it is not correct and simply blocking it so no one can view it publicly.

By "correct stereo image", I would think that any image which displays properly as a 3D stereo image in Phereo should not be blocked at all, and that image certainly does display fine when viewed as a 3D anaglyph, crossview, or parallel stereo image in Phereo, even though the stereo chips on either side of that SBS image might look odd, strange, or incorrect when viewed in 2D or one side at a time. When you actually look at them in stereo, and fuse both sides into an a 3D image, you will see the image looks fine, displays perfectly as a 3D stereo image, and is in as full a color as any typical anaglyph stereo image can display.

Please look at my image again as an anaglyph, SBS crossview or a parallel stereo image properly in Phereo, rather than just concentrating on how unusual the SBS images look in 2D, and then tell me it isn't a correct stereo image. The two chips fuse into a single color 3D image, and it is a correct stereo image, it just isn't your typical side-by-side full color stereo image ... so if it works just fine when viewing in 3D in Phereo, it really shouldn't be blocked in my opinion.

Unless Phereo is concerned about people looking at images in Phereo as 2D images, which is the only time that image really seems to look unusual, sharing images like that one as a 3D stereo image, which I thought is what Phereo is all about, where it looks as correct as any other 3D stereo image when viewed in 3D, then it's disappointing to me that Phereo feels it should just be blocked because it looks unusual in 2D! :(

~ Craig ~
darkonus

Postby bulkinav » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:44 pm

In general, you just need to make the right anaglyph, which will look great on Phereo site (red/blue thumbnails on the site is poor). And I have good news for you - it's very easy.

Please download a Phereoshop app here - http://phereoshop.com/download
Then follow the video tutorial, you can mixing two images into on - https://www.dropbox.com/s/4t4q8irq3z4wn ... 163854.wmv
Phereo Support
bulkinav

Postby darkonus » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:06 am

bulkinav wrote:In general, you just need to make the right anaglyph, which will look great on Phereo site (red/blue thumbnails on the site is poor). And I have good news for you - it's very easy.

Please download a Phereoshop app here - http://phereoshop.com/download
Then follow the video tutorial, you can mixing two images into on - https://www.dropbox.com/s/4t4q8irq3z4wn ... 163854.wmv

Hey, thanks again for trying to help bulkinav and find a solution to my issue, however, that isn't good news, it's old news for me. I can already make awesome color anaglyph images using StereoPhotoMaker and Photoshop. I also have much more control over the quality of the image using that method than using Phereoshop, so I really have no issues making the right anaglyph images, and my Flickr stream has many I have created already. Matter of fact, here is that same color anaglyph tank image that I created using StereoPhotoMaker and Photoshop, but looking much better on Flickr than it ever will on Phereo:

When I upload that same image I created above, to Phereo, using the Phereo website upload option and selecting anaglyph as the type, I also get a much more accurate looking color anaglyph in Phereo than trying to create one in Phereoshop for upload using the technique you have shown for me to use in the video. Though it is still not as nice as the Flickr version. The other issue with Phereo using a color anaglyph for its conversion, is that when viewed as a SBS crossview or parallel image, it displays the image in gray-scale, losing all the color, sorry, but that is not acceptable for me. I wanted everyone to get a chance to see these color anaglyph images as color anaglyph, color crossview, or color parallel in Phereo, which only works when the red/blue chips are used as a SBS image for these conversions, then all the 3D versions viewed in Phereo are in color, rather than some being displayed as gray-scale.

So I am sorry if the thumbnails look poor when an anaglyph image is upload as a SBS red/blue image, but having some red or blue 2D thumbnails is less of an issue for me than Phereo not reproducing the same color 3D image when viewing under all 3D options as it does when the image is upload as a side-by-side image created from the red/blue images as I had done.

But if the odd red/blue thumbnails would create such a rift in the Phereo community, and you are just going to continue to block the images anyway, then I'll just refrain from uploading them to Phereo from now on, and I'll only upload full color SBS images going forward.

Thanks for your quick responses.

~ Craig ~
darkonus

Postby bulkinav » Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:47 pm

darkonus wrote:
bulkinav wrote:I'll just refrain from uploading them to Phereo from now on, and I'll only upload full color SBS images going forward.
~

Yes, I think it would be better ;)
Phereo Support
bulkinav

Return to General Discussion