LG 3D Max Upgraded to Android 4

Stereo pictures general talk

Moderator: alex

LG 3D Max Upgraded to Android 4

Postby linuxluver » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:10 am

In case anyone else here has an LG 3D Max phone that has been stuck on Android 2.3, there is a way to upgrade your phone to Android 4.0.

"Eklovyal" on XDA-Developers (LG Optimus 3D sub-forum) has done a great job of putting together a really good ROM for the LG Optimus 3D Max (P720 and P725). This morning I installed his "Thundersnap 2.3" ROM on my LG 3D Max phone and everything works perfectly. The phone now runs Android v4.04....and does it very well. The phone is faster than ever.

One nice feature is the stabilisation function in the 3D video camera. This alone is worth the upgrade.

Rooting the phone was very easy. Installing the Clockwork Mod ("CWM") recovery v6.0.2.3 was also very easy. CWM recovery made flashing the new firmware VERY easy...as well as taking a backup before I started so I had a return path if anything went wrong.

This sort of upgrade will extend the useful life of the 3D mobile devices that made it to the market.

(Note: LG had promised to upgrade the Optimus 3D and Optimus 3D Max to Android 4.0. Though a few did get an Over The Air ("OTA") update, most did not. LG did not keep that promise to the majority of LG 3D phone owners.)
linuxluver

Re: LG 3D Max Upgraded to Android 4

Postby PhilESieve » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:45 pm

My Thrill 4G (as called in the States), shows just the battery charging, but the phone won't start up. Unless one knows what could be causing that and if it's repairable, can the cards in the back of the Thrill 4G be placed into an LG 3D Max and would AT&T utilize that (or if it won't, is there another provider in the US that services the LG 3D Max? It's been very difficult the last couple weeks without the Thrill 4G working. Fortunately, I bought the Fuji W3 3d camera at $150 from a clearance rack a couple years ago, but I can't see these pics in anything but anaglyph and I can't seem to position a stereoscopic viewer for media devices to see SBS. Sorry if this wasn't totally on-topic. Thank you!
PhilESieve

Postby Vapymid » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:30 pm

Phil, I don't know anything about that phone but if you recorded pictures on an external card then the chances are that you can use a common card reader to extract your pictures to a PC. Check what type the card is and get a reader for that (or a multi-card reader, which handles many different cards) - they are quite cheap these days.

And Fuji stores the pictures in MPO format from which they can be extracted into SBS JPGs (stereophotomaker would easily do it in batch).

Regards
Vapymid

Postby PhilESieve » Sun May 17, 2015 12:09 am

Thanks for the replies!
PhilESieve

Return to General Discussion