Looking for good 3DTV for enjoying my 3D photos!

Stereo pictures general talk

Moderator: alex

Looking for good 3DTV for enjoying my 3D photos!

Postby 2old4toys » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:15 am

So I "was" going to get a passive LG but it seems I will only see my 3D pics at the TV's very lowly half resolution of 540 pixels vertically vs 1080 if I go for a TV with active shutter glasses! This definitely makes me want active glasses inspite of greater expense and potential flicker issues so long as I get the highest resolution available to me.

Our living room is only small. What are your recommendations on a 40 or 42 inch 3D capable telly if you were to buy one within the next 30days?

Thanks for sharing your views and past experience in advance
2old4toys

Re: Looking for good 3DTV for enjoying my 3D photos!

Postby IC3D » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:54 am

For moving images you can't beat a Plasma but they do generate a lot of heat and are prone to screen burn. The also have the widest viewing angle and best colour rendition. For a cooler TV get LED but remember the viewing angle and streaking problems. There's now OLED that has better colour too. Have you thought about a 3D projector? You mentioned it's a small space so that might be a plus!
IC3D

Re: Looking for good 3DTV for enjoying my 3D photos!

Postby 2old4toys » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:21 am

I bought a Samsung active shutter 3D capable TV bundled with 4 sets of glasses. Very happy with the 3D photo display! Resolution is excellent.
Be good enough till we get affordable glasses-free 3D 4K TVs.

Unplanned bonus: also playing emulated vintage 3D Nintendo Virtualboy games displayed in 3D on this big screen. The parallax is incredible!
2old4toys

Return to General Discussion