What do you use to see 3D?

Stereo pictures general talk

Moderator: alex

Re: What do you use to see 3D?

Postby TurnvaterJanosch » Sun May 18, 2014 9:56 pm

Usually, I use the cross-eye method, over longer periods without problems (probably a 90+ min movie would really be too much). IMHO, it is really the method of choice for best quality.

However, I can recommend the home-made stereo glasses described in this tutorial: http://vrtifacts.com/build-your-own-flu ... c-goggles/
They are really easy to build, so it is definitely worth a try. My glasses are shown here: http://phereo.com/image/5367cbdfcb857725120001f1

I use the glasses to show photos to friends that can't cross-view, with the advantage that they are also for cross-eye pairs.

I found that cross-eye viewing is hard to learn for some people, while others need a few minutes only.
A frame like this one may help to trick your eyes the first times (method #2): http://www.unmannedspaceflight.com/inde ... e=threaded
I added a vertical, horizontally centered needle to replace your finger used in other learning methods. After your eyes/brain learned that this works, it will be easy to switch to "cross-view mode" without the frame.
TurnvaterJanosch

Postby porthos » Sun May 24, 2015 4:44 am

I started with 3D Revelator shutterglasses in 2001, but had to switch to anaglyph after I exchanged my monitor to TFT.
Nowadays I own a LG 3D-TV. But Phereo is very slow on this device. A couple of years ago i thought about building a kind of Viewmaster for my smartphone. Looking through the net, I found the 3DVu2Go. It works perfect, but is slightly instable with its cardboard frame. I exchanged the frame with a diy plastic construction, wich i use for years now. So I can show my pictures on the go. http://phereo.com/image/5561a1f2e7e5643d3900005c
Last year Google came out with a similar device. The Google Cardboard. It can be used as low budget VR-glasses and is pretty inexpensive. I ordered a couple, but couldn't try them yet. Hope, I can equip family and friends with the glasses. Smartphone display resolution is getting better and better nowadays, I'll upgrade soon.

Regards Porthos
porthos

Postby 5561d5288884289a22000005 » Sun May 31, 2015 2:06 pm

I use a 3D computer monitor bought from Currys. I also have a 42" LG 3D TV using passive system. Just for fun I sometimes use anaglyph with Red/green glasses. I still think 3D is awesome and never tire of it. Phereos has helped considerably now that I have found it.....
Regards
David S.White
5561d5288884289a22000005

Postby kano3d » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:33 am

I have these 3D devices:
- nvidia 3d vision, wich is the best
- HTC Evo 3D
- LG Optimus 3D
- Sharp SH80F
- New Nintendo 3DS
- Fuji W3
- Energy Sistem 6608
- Cardboard
- Anaglyph. After using all other devices the anaglyph glasses are TOO much creepy. Compared with nvidia 3d vision is too much quality difference. I avoid them always.
kano3d

Postby RoyCarnell » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:23 am

When browsing this site I use anaglyph glasses. I have a set of really good anaglyph glasses that produce a sharp image with no or very little ghosting. Wish I could remember where I bought them. Of course I still get the colour distortion. For my own photographs I usually make up short slide shows for viewing on my 42" Samsung Active 3D set.
RoyCarnell

Postby San10 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:41 pm

I use my HTC Evo 3D for free viewing. My Fuji W3 the SD card reader is broken unfortunately, making the device unusable.

I have anachrome glasses for anaglyph viewing. They have a bit different colored red and cyan glasses, providing a bit better viewing when red is also in a photo.

The drawback on Phereo website is however that the only anaglyph mode is some kind of sepia in which most colors are gone.
I have many pictures, or better to say mainly pictures that have vibrant colors, flowers, pink clouds at sunsets etc. that are far out dull color wise when viewed anaglyph on this site. And anaglyph is the default mode on the Phereo site, so everyone newcomer or newby to this site has his/her welcome to this site to see our pictures in the worst possible way unfortunately. :roll:
San10

Postby RichyT » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:56 pm

It is surprising to me that we don't seem to have a really competent autostereoscopic picture viewer yet. Both the Fuji and the Aiptek have poor reviews on Amazon and unless you're using the 3DS, a 3d phone or the camera viewer itself, your next step up is 7k or more.

I have the LG 3d monitor which works really well but I'd like to be able to impress casual passers-by.

Edit: The Neo3DO looks like it may be what I am looking for (though a bit pricey). Anyone have any other suggestions?
RichyT

Postby San10 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:21 am

RichyT wrote:It is surprising to me that we don't seem to have a really competent autostereoscopic picture viewer yet. Both the Fuji and the Aiptek have poor reviews on Amazon and unless you're using the 3DS, a 3d phone or the camera viewer itself, your next step up is 7k or more.

I have the LG 3d monitor which works really well but I'd like to be able to impress casual passers-by.

Edit: The Neo3DO looks like it may be what I am looking for (though a bit pricey). Anyone have any other suggestions?

A 4K glassesfree 3D Monitor. Let's hope they go down in price.

I bought a Philips 27" Passive 3D Monitor lately because that is the only way i get 3D out of my Mac Mini. Because it is 1080P you can see the lines when using 3D, but when watching fullscreen it is awesome. And i even managed to watch 3d blurays with powerdvd when booted in windows. The only drawback is that it has surrounding 'white' leds as backpanel lightning. And i am very sensitive to those as they don't actually produce white light but uv, violet or blue with a yellow phosphor over it. It has a pungeont brightness glare no matter how i callibrate. There are panels with a grid of rgb leds as backlightning, but those are far more expensive.

I took apart my Fuji W3, but it was very hard and some things bent a bit and i don't know if when i reassemble it, if it will still work and if the parralax and angles lenses are ok enough then as they appeared to be snugged between metal casings with just some small foamrubber pads.
The SD Cardreader that was broken is part of the motherboard or module and don't know how to detach the metal casing of it.

San10

Postby San10 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:33 am

Am using a Zte Axon 7 Max now for 3d viewing. It is even more pleasing to watch it that way than on my 27" Philips monitor, because that one is polarised row interleaved, where you can see the lines clearly up close. Only full screen is okay. On the 6" Zte the width is halved in 3d and less visible and the finest 3d i ve seen yet. I am planning to also buy a Pptv King 7s as that one has a 1440 p display in 3d. That would have a higher resolution than my monitor lol.
I still have two Htc evo 3ds white and black but with the black one the wifi isnt working anymore. I however miss the 3d ecosystem the evo 3d had.
San10

Postby turbguy » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:37 pm

I typically crosseye freeview on a 2D screen. It's quick and easy (for me). Lately, I have been using a lenticular autostereoscopic display on the King 7S phone. It is the finest autostereoscopic display I have seen to date. Too bad the app "Phereo" does not work on this phone...
turbguy

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion