What do you use to see 3D?

Stereo pictures general talk

Moderator: alex

Re: What do you use to see 3D?

Postby bulkinav » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:35 pm

Yah, it a very good idea to implement "autoalign stereo alignment" option feature, for Phereo website viewing mode, but in this case you need to push each time on each picture to autoalign the stereo, or more simply for each users is by implement "Autoalign" automatically at the moment when people upload 3D pictures to Phereo sharing 3D pictures website, because most (98%) are not "autoaligned" so not ready for watch

Yes, we know that Auto-alignment is very useful in some cases. We'll implement this feature on the site in the near future. Most likely we'll add a new option into the upload image page and the user will be able to specify whether it is necessary to apply Auto-alignment or not.
Phereo Support
bulkinav

Postby NeoMatrix » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:13 pm

3d screen
Last edited by NeoMatrix on Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NeoMatrix

Postby Daidaian » Thu May 09, 2013 3:00 am

Personnaly I have an android 3d little known: Sharp, aquos phone

http://www.sharp-phone.com/fr/products/sh80f/index.html

I discovered with this the 3d picture and i've surch how to host 3d pictures and I find this magic website. ;)
So i'm now an addicted to the parallel systeme !
Daidaian

Postby hank » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:01 pm

I don't undertand why everyone uses the term "cross-eyed" when describing the method of viewing without equipment. I have been viewing stereo slides even as a child without equipment for years, and I still do this. However, strictly speaking, I do not CROSS my eyes. In effect each eye must look straight ahead. That is, they do not converge. (That is not the same as crossing the eyes.) Could it be that the term "cross-eyed" is just used loosely on this site to simplify, and save a lot of explanations?
Thank you for any info on this usage! (This is now resolved for me, please read below[/u]):

ATTENTION PLEASE: PLEASE OVERLOOK THAT I'M SUCH A NOVICE IN SOME WAYS. I'VE BEEN A FAN OF STEREO PHOTO VIEWING ALL MY LIFE, BUT I WASN'T FAMILIAR WITH THIS PHEREO SITE UNTIL VERY RECENTLY. MY ABOVE COMMENTARY AND QUESTION HAS BEEN ANSWERED MERELY BY THE EXPERIENCE I GAINED JUST SINCE MY LAST LOGIN! A FELLOW CONTRIBUTOR POSTED A STEREO PAIR BELOW HIS COMMENTS ABOUT CROSS-EYED VS "PARALLEL" viewing. WHEN I READ THAT, I REALIZED THAT PEOPLE ARE NOT USING "CROSS-EYED" AS A SLANG TERM FOR PARALLEL. HAVING REALIZED THAT, I THEN ATTEMPTED TO VIEW THE CONTRIBUTED PAIR IN A TRUE CROSS-EYED MANNER, WHICH I HAVE NEVER DONE BEFORE IN MY LIFE! IT TOOK A COUPLE MINUTES FOR ME TO GET THE KNACK, BUT I LEARNED THAT CROSS-EYED IS REALLY AN ACCURATE TERM, AND IT WORKS! NOT BEING USED TO THAT, I WAS GETTING A HEADACHE, AND I AGREE WITH THE POST WHEN HE SAYS PARALLEL VIEWING IS EASIER ON THE EYES. FOR ME PARALLEL IS ALSO EASIER TO PERFORM.
hank

Postby Vapymid » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:13 am

The headache will go away with a bit of practice - it is caused by the eye muscle being strained in an unusual way. Just like with any physical exercise, once you do something regularly, the body adjusts.

Regarding parallel viewing - can you view large size stereopairs in parallel?

Regards
Vapymid

Postby 51f35d95df7df3e225000000 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:31 am

Hi
I mostly use anaglyph (red/cyan) glasses.
Bob12a
51f35d95df7df3e225000000

Postby turbguy » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:41 pm

hank wrote:I don't undertand why everyone uses the term "cross-eyed" when describing the method of viewing without equipment. I have been viewing stereo slides even as a child without equipment for years, and I still do this. However, strictly speaking, I do not CROSS my eyes. In effect each eye must look straight ahead. That is, they do not converge. (That is not the same as crossing the eyes.) Could it be that the term "cross-eyed" is just used loosely on this site to simplify, and save a lot of explanations?
Thank you for any info on this usage! (This is now resolved for me, please read below[/u]):

ATTENTION PLEASE: PLEASE OVERLOOK THAT I'M SUCH A NOVICE IN SOME WAYS. I'VE BEEN A FAN OF STEREO PHOTO VIEWING ALL MY LIFE, BUT I WASN'T FAMILIAR WITH THIS PHEREO SITE UNTIL VERY RECENTLY. MY ABOVE COMMENTARY AND QUESTION HAS BEEN ANSWERED MERELY BY THE EXPERIENCE I GAINED JUST SINCE MY LAST LOGIN! A FELLOW CONTRIBUTOR POSTED A STEREO PAIR BELOW HIS COMMENTS ABOUT CROSS-EYED VS "PARALLEL" viewing. WHEN I READ THAT, I REALIZED THAT PEOPLE ARE NOT USING "CROSS-EYED" AS A SLANG TERM FOR PARALLEL. HAVING REALIZED THAT, I THEN ATTEMPTED TO VIEW THE CONTRIBUTED PAIR IN A TRUE CROSS-EYED MANNER, WHICH I HAVE NEVER DONE BEFORE IN MY LIFE! IT TOOK A COUPLE MINUTES FOR ME TO GET THE KNACK, BUT I LEARNED THAT CROSS-EYED IS REALLY AN ACCURATE TERM, AND IT WORKS! NOT BEING USED TO THAT, I WAS GETTING A HEADACHE, AND I AGREE WITH THE POST WHEN HE SAYS PARALLEL VIEWING IS EASIER ON THE EYES. FOR ME PARALLEL IS ALSO EASIER TO PERFORM.

The advantage of cross-eyed freeviewing is the ability to freeview much larger stereo pairs. There is a limit to how far your eyes can diverge (since this never happens in real life), but the limits for crossing your eyes are much more forgiving, since people with normal vision do it all the time. The difficulty for most beginners with crosseyed freeviewing is "decoupling" the brain's expected focus distance vs. amount of eye crossing, which is frequently called "accommodation". Typically accommodation to unexpected focus distances improves greatly with practice.

Similar accommodation occurs with parallel freviewing, BTW.
turbguy

Postby 521d625adf7df3de04000002 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:09 am

I use anaglyph glasses to preview my 3d pictures and 3d video on my computer but after editing I burn to DVD or Blu Ray DVD and watch on my Sony 3d TV.
521d625adf7df3de04000002

Postby IC3D » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:31 am

Vasily wrote:And has anyone got a 3DTV?

Yes, a Samsung 50 inch. I also use the Fuji V1

http://www.amazon.com/FujiFilm-FinePix- ... B002IFUQPO
IC3D

Postby skyemail » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:14 pm

When browsing Phereo images, I use an LG monitor with interlacing mode or the GadMei E8-3D tablet.

For my personal collection, in addition to the above two displays, I use either an iPad displaying Above/Below images and the ViewMagic handheld viewer, or the Hasbro My3D viewer. Many of my digital 3D photos are converted to stereo slides for use with a handheld stereo slide viewer.

Steve
skyemail

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion